SamBeben

May 8, 2019
Parrots
African Grey, Moustached Parakeet
Hi all!

My fiance and I are going to visit a rescue and two birds in particular have stuck out to me: an IRN and a special needs cockatiel.
We already have a GCC and an African Grey.
I've never owned a bird like an IRN so does anyone have any advice on meeting this bird or owning this bird, how to interact and gain its trust?
Thank you!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Is the IRN already tame? Irns and cockatiels are my favorites lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
In that case I think you need more info before choosing. It’s possible to tame or retame and IRN but it is MUCH HARDER than other birds, and some will never be tame no matter what you do.

OP
SamBeben

SamBeben

May 8, 2019
Parrots
African Grey, Moustached Parakeet
In that case I think you need more info before choosing. It’s possible to tame or retame and IRN but it is MUCH HARDER than other birds, and some will never be tame no matter what you do.

So we got him and he is tame. He is also special needs so he doesn't speak that much and he can't fly.
We think he is about 5.

Most Reactions

Latest posts