New member, meet Opaline!

NatashaJ

Sep 25, 2020
Newcastle, UK
Parrots
Opaline - BFA 30.06.20
Hello there!
My name is natasha and I am a new parrot owner, I got my baby blue fronted amazon on the 19th of September. She was hatched on the 30th of June this year, she is 12 weeks old and her name is Opaline. Although she gets called Opal for short. We are in the UK. I joined so I could gain some help from you guys and be part of a wider parrot community! It will be nice to get to know you all x :green:

25004d1601024118-new-member-meet-opaline-snapchat-613285723.jpg

utYwL7q.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-613285723.jpg
    Snapchat-613285723.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Opaline is gorgeous! Ahh, those dark baby eyes, full of wonder. So as you start you life journey with Opal, please read the stickies at the top of the Amazon subforum, Amazon Body Language and the I Love Amazons threads. Read them out loud to Opal in a soft soothing voice - Amazons love being read to. And then read 'em again. The key with amazons is reading their body language and being expert in your particular parrots language. There will be times when the difference between a "pick me up" pose is only slightly different than a "I will rip you a new one if you proceed" pose and you'll want to know the difference.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Really nice!
On your opening top cage, be very careful! There have been many accidents involving the top closing if the perch slips! Also, when closed, little ones have been known to try to wedge themselves out, getting trapped!

Most Reactions