Birdman4167

Sep 29, 2022
Parrots
CBC
Hello all. Thank you for letting me join your group. I am a retired man who loves all animals except snakes and lizards. Lol. I have always had birds from a child up. I am thinking I would like to get a bird now I have time to devote to one. I would love any suggestions on a bird please. I would love to have a Crimson bellied conure but open it to any suggestions. Thank you all. ☺

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Welcome to the forums!

We have many members here with Pyrrhura conures who may be ready to help you. They're mostly GCC's (like in my case) but all Pyrhurra conures are similar when it comes to their behavior, so most information about more common GCC's are similar to CBC's.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Do you know the name of it please?
1664626381628.jpeg

It is also a hotspot link!

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
Welcome! I am not too familiar with crimson-bellied conures, but I am very familiar with other conures. I have a green-cheeked conure named Maddox, who is my everything. While every bird is unique and perfect for someone, conures have been the bird for me. They have a lot going for them. First off, they are on the smaller side, so they are more manageable in their size. They are also loaded with funny and loving personalities and can be total goofballs. As far as parrots go, they are also on the quieter side, which for me, is a plus. While not known for their talking abilities, conures can be taught to say some words but can certainly learn cool tricks. Care is pretty simple, but like any parrot, they need much attention and interaction time. When I am home, I always keep Maddox's cage open so he can explore. All in all, they are a very rewarding species of bird that will love you as much as you love them.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Arini =macaw, Conure = tribe
Arinae = subfamily
Aratinga or pyrhurra = genus or genera
Green cheek, crimson belly, sun conure
= species

Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I recently, well not recently, less than a year ago I got a gcc and a sun conure. The sun is definately my bro. I mean both birds are, they both give kissy like a boss. But the sun conure is definably the shoulder bird for anyone. I'd trust it with a 3 yo and have.

It's more of a tank breed slow and easier to stop bad behavior, very hearty, but very very smart and shoulder bird. And its a pick and place bird where you can just scoop it and move it from trouble areas. It's more expensive but it's a breed that is actually bigger but easier to manage.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
It's more of a tank breed slow and easier to stop bad behavior, very hearty, but very very smart and shoulder bird. And its a pick and place bird where you can just scoop it and move it from trouble areas. It's more expensive but it's a breed that is actually bigger but easier to manage.
I don’t understand. In this paragraph are you referring to the sub conure species? And what is a ‘tank breed’?

I haven’t had many pet conures, but between the greenCheeked conure and the (horribly abused) cherry headed conure that I had in my home, the cherry head was a much easier and more stable bird. Once he was convinced I wasn’t going to hurt him he was a big ol’ cuddle sponge. The gcc was cute and funny and active but moody and bit a lot.

Most Reactions

Latest posts