New Mother to a cute Lovie!

Radientrita

Aug 19, 2014
I'm hoping for some answers...my 6month old Lovie was just brought home yesterday. I recorded a video of her and during the playback it started chirping away at her own sound. I played bird sounds from YouTube and it starts chirping w excitement and runs back and forth at the bottom of the cage and flys around!!

Is this healthy? Should I continue to play bird sounds so it can get exercise?

Appreciate the help,
Rita

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
I played bird sounds A LOT to all of my birds (including a lovie) in beginning. My conure got extremely excited of bird sounds and videos, and my lovie was always chirping along. After a while they didn't need it anymore.
I think your bird is doing a totally normal thing. Are you gonna have just one bird? If she gets so excited at other bird sounds you might think of getting her a friend. :D (just saying) I got a conure first and he loved the other birds so much that I had to get a whole flock for him to keep him happy. LOL :D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I've never seen a Lovebird that don't get enough exercise. I let mine out to fly around on his own frequently as he don't play well with others so he gets his own time to fly around.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hi Rita
Birds get very excited when hearing other birds