New parrot owner

IloveWinnie

Dec 28, 2012
Hi, i just got a parrot for christmas, he is 24 years old. He s a yellow naped amazon and he has become attached to me. Is there any important things i should know?
:grey:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Welcome to the forum:)

Have a browse through the Amazon section first and you will find lots of great information! If you have any questions after than that, then feel free to ask away :)

Do you have any pics ?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome! As already stated, please browse through the extensive Amazon section, and look around in the Recipe section as well. TONS and TONS of great info on this forum. :)

At ONLY 24, you'll have many happy years ahead of you with your new companion YN.

And yes, pictures are always greatly treasured and anticipated.

Oh, what's your baby's name? How is he housed?

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hi, i just got a parrot for christmas, he is 24 years old. He s a yellow naped amazon and he has become attached to me. Is there any important things i should know?
:grey:

YES, your going to be shocked to find how attached you two will become.

raven2013

Banned
Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Media
Albums
Hi, I do not know how much you already know, but do not feed him avacado. Do not have teflon pans in your home. Do not clean your oven with the bird in the room. These fumes hurt your bird and can kill him. Avacado is poison to a parrot. Chocolate should not be given to them either. These are just things I have learned over the years. Parrots do really take to change. You move their perch, they seem kind of lost for a few days, even though it is the same perch.
Just feed him fruits, veggies, and pellets, and treat him when he says a new word or needs your praise. He will become a loving friend forever. I have had mine 26 years but because of my health, I am going to have to try and find her a new home. It is going to be hard because she has never been caged. She has always lived on a tree perch.
I hope you enjoy your bird.

Most Reactions

Latest posts