New to the forum~

misscontrary

May 18, 2012
Ontario
Parrots
Lovebirds (fischers, blue masked, and various peach faced mutations), blue parrotlets x 4, cockatiels x 4, parakeets.
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum. My name is Marianna and I am in Ontario, Canada. I have a house full of pets, and thought I would introduce my flock.

misscontrary-albums-peach-faced-lovebirds-picture4144-sunny-australian-cinnamon-lovebird.jpg
This is sunny, he is my 7 month old Australian Cinnamon lovebird. He gets a little grumpy when handled, but with lots of patience, love and an unlimited supply of rice krispies, he is coming around.

misscontrary-albums-peach-faced-lovebirds-picture4143-sweetpea-pied-lovebird.jpg
This is Sweet Pea, she is a 6 month old Pied. She is the newest edition to our flock. She is very shy and flighty but is super sweet and doesn't bite. She came from a home that only provided her a seed diet, so she is currently being introduced to pellets and veggies. With patience I hope she will start to become more tame.

misscontrary-albums-peach-faced-lovebirds-picture4136-cheeky-pika.jpg

This is Cheeky and Pika. Their owner didnt want them anymore when after 10 attempts in a row they didn't produce fertile eggs. Cheeky is the male peach faced lovebird, he is a piggy with food and will gobble anything you put infront of him, he can be a bit nippy but is coming aroudn slowly. Pika is really protective of her cage and unfortunately we cant handle her at all, we are slowly trying to work her out of her agressiveness while introducing her to pellets and healthy foods.

I also have a little creamino female lovebird (pics in my Gallery). She is 10 weeks old and like her name, she is super sweet.

misscontrary-albums-masked-fischer-lovebirds-picture4133-blue-masked-lovebirds.jpg

This is Blue and Sky. This is a very old picture of them (sorry no recent ones) from before I adopted them. They are 6 years old and were not properly cared for in a bird mill. They were on the poorest quality diet and kept in very unsanitary conditions. When I got them, the female was severely calcium depleted, and balding from lack of nutrition. She has splay leg, and was continually bred for years without a break. They are both untame, but I have had them for 2 years now, and they are doing wonderful! She is fully feathered again, and eating a healthy pelleted diet. They are still a little shy of vegetables, but in time I am hopeing they will give them a try.

I also have 2, very beautiful fischer lovebirds. They are two years old. Who doesn't love the beautiful colors of a fischer? (Pics in gallery).

misscontrary-albums-my-babies-picture4141-4-5week-old-fischers.jpg

They recently had two little babies. Freddy is on the right (hatched on Friday the 13th) is now 5 weeks old, and the little violet Fischer baby is still unnamed. Suggestions???

I also have two little budgies, a blue and a creamino (pics in gallery). They are Smudge and Tweety. I adopted them when the owner no longer wanted them because they didnt produce babies. They are both male :p

There are also two pairs of blue parrotlets (pics in Gallery) as part of my flock. I purchased one pair from someone who was trying to breed them at only 4 months old - with infertile eggs no doubt. They are semi-tame, working on getting them used to people and they love their fruits and veggies!

misscontrary-albums-cockatiels-picture4126-chance.jpg

This is Chance. His name used to be Charlie, but I changed his name when I adopted him and gave him new start in life and a second Chance.
He was owned by a 10 year old boy who was unable to care for him and whos parents stuck him in a cold and unlight basement for 2 years. He was on a very poor diet and I was told the cage hadn't been cleaned for 7 months!!! It was very depressing to find him the way I did, but I have had him for 3 years now and he is healthy and well! He immediately took a liking to his now current girlfriend, Dewy!

misscontrary-albums-cockatiels-picture4124-dewy.jpg

This is Dewy. She is very shy but as long as there are no loud noises or sudden movements, she will sit and cuddle for hours and hours. She loves being pet and loves attention. I have worked with her for a year now, and have succesfully flight trained her to fly to me on command.

misscontrary-albums-cockatiels-picture4123-angel-diego.jpg
This is Diego and Angel. They are a complicated couple. Can't live with each other and can't live without! They love to sit side by side all day, as long as they stay away from each others cages lol.

Well, thats my flock so far :) I look forward to meeting all of you and your flocks.

Last edited:

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Welcome to the forum, you have quite the flock!:D

OP
misscontrary

misscontrary

May 18, 2012
Ontario
Parrots
Lovebirds (fischers, blue masked, and various peach faced mutations), blue parrotlets x 4, cockatiels x 4, parakeets.
and growing! lol

Hmmmm i guess the pictures didnt work in the original post??? Don't seem to be showing for me. Oh well, all pics can be seen in the gallery if anyone is interested :)

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
No I can see the pics.

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
Welcome! What a fantastic flock! Your lovebirds are absolutely gorgeous. :)

OP
misscontrary

misscontrary

May 18, 2012
Ontario
Parrots
Thanks to all of you! :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Beautiful flock!! I see you had babies which is inevitable but try not to let Diegi and Angel breed! Their chicks would inherit baldness from both parents and it can get worse.

OP
misscontrary

misscontrary

May 18, 2012
Ontario
Parrots
MikeyTN no worries about Diego and Angel breeding. They only barely get along outside of cage, I cant even imagine them sharing one! :)

Most Reactions