New Toaster Oven

Grateful

Jul 25, 2013
Hello
Im looking for a new toaster oven. Ive contacted Hamilton Beach ( several times lol to make sure) and was curious if anyone is currently using one. Below are the emails I received back and although they continually say there are NO coatings, you never know if the person actually checked and I cant take a risk. So I thought if anyone uses one or has one they know for sure is safe let me know.

1st email
"
"Product model 31156 will not feature a non-stick coating on the product or accessories; therefore, is PFOA & PTFE free.

We are pleased to inform you that all plastics used in the appliance are BPA free in all food zones.

For over 100 years it has been our priority and privilege to develop and manufacture high quality small appliances.

Please be assured that our products and components meet all government requirements and are FDA and UL approved. They are also tested by independent laboratories to ensure the high quality that is expected of Hamilton Beach brand products. The rigorous tests
we employ often exceed the standards set by our government making us a leader in the industry for quality and safety.

Thank you for contacting Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. Please let us know if we can further assist you."

2nd email

"
The inside cavity is made of galvanized steel. The bottom heating element is stainless steel sheath and the top three elements are quartz sheath.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for contacting Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc."

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I have a Hamilton Beach toaster oven as well, and a different rep also told me it was free of (insert many things here, because I asked about as many of them as I could think of, by chemical name!)

I can find the thread where I posted their emails:

The first post is the text of the email I sent them (so you can see which compounds I asked about) and the next is the email replies I got!

OP
G

Grateful

Jul 25, 2013
I have a Hamilton Beach toaster oven as well, and a different rep also told me it was free of (insert many things here, because I asked about as many of them as I could think of, by chemical name!)

I can find the thread where I posted their emails:

The first post is the text of the email I sent them (so you can see which compounds I asked about) and the next is the email replies I got!
Oh nice and you purchased one and its been ok? Which model ? thanks

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
31403!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Is that the air fryer ? Does that work well?
Never used it for air frying but yeah, I guess it is! Works fine. My mom put a bagel with butter on it in it this weekend though and didn’t put it on the included tray and the butter dripped on the heating element and took a couple days to burn off, which was miserable!

Note; my parrots are not on the same floor of my house as the kitchen, so even if it were somehow hazardous I’ll never know. However, I feel pretty good about the assurances I was given and think it’s safe. I didn’t know before looking into it, for example, that toasters had nonstick parts, so I actually probably had a really UNSAFE toaster before I realized and replaced it with this new one!

Most Reactions

Latest posts