New TOPs food?

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Just ordered a bag, but anyone see or try this? I did have one concern...the sunflower seeds are listed near the top. Thought these were only to be given sparingly?

The nutritional info is:

Pellet Ingredients: Alfalfa*, hulled millet*, barley*, rice*, sunflower seed hulled*, sesame seeds unhulled*, quinoa whole*, buckwheat hulled*, dandelion leaf powder*, carrot powder*, spinach leaf powder*, purple dulse*, kelp*, rose hips powder*, rose hips crushed*, orange peel powder*, lemon peel powder*, rosemary whole leaf*, cayenne ground*, crushed red chili peppers*, nettle leaf*, cinnamon*. *organic

Seeds & Nuts: Rye Berries*, Oat Groats*, Barley*, Flax*, Pumpkin Seeds*, Pistachios*, Almonds*.*organic

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 13.4%, Crude Fat min. 6.5%, Crude Fiber max. 7.4%, Moisture max. 10.4%.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Amazingly there are a lot of good things in Sunflower seeds too. Pellets are intended to replace feeding seed and be fed alongside fresh foods. Did you notice the lack of sugar, soy, artificial vitamins and colours in them though? Good luck feeding these, hoped they are taken to?

OP
tfw

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Did you notice the lack of sugar, soy, artificial vitamins and colours in them though? Good luck feeding these, hoped they are taken to?

Thought that's what we like -- lack of sugar and colors LOL

Yeah hoping he takes to it. So far he isn't extremely picky. He has his moments. I've learned not to mix fruit in his veggies cuz he will eat around the veggies :D So when he's eaten a decent amount of fresh veggies, then he gets a few pieces of fruits for dessert.

I just realized I forgot to post the link:

https://topsparrotfood.com/products/marlene-mccohen-signature-blend

Last edited:
OP
tfw

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Lucked out.....he's happily chomping away at his new food!!!! I found it helps if I give him one of his favorite foods (a couple or small pieces of fruit or a pepper), just to start his appetite, and he is more open to new foods.

At first he took a couple of pellets, did a little nibble, and spat them out...this was last night before bed. The again he didn't eat his chop either. But this morning, after his morning feeding routine of fresh foods, he's now moved to the new TOPs food and is just squawking away with his mouth full.

Most Reactions