New Toys

reformed_raver

Jun 16, 2007
I made my 2 GAG`s a bird play area last year and they loved it. It got weaker and weaker as time went on so ive finaly made them a new one. its more unless the same as the last one only bigger. problem now is they wont go near it. i bring them down from up stairs put them on their perch they jump up and fly up stairs back into their room!!
becoming annoying!!
is this normal?

OP
R

reformed_raver

Jun 16, 2007
yeah i have,theve got all thir old perches and toys all over it!
they wont even go near a monkey nut on the new play area they look at it as if its going to hurt them!:confused:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Its very normal, Greys don't usually take to new things well, but once they do then they'll love it. :D Maybe try some food treats on there to get them interested in going on, even if its only to get the food then fly off, they'll soon realise that its an ok thing.

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Ok, I dont remember where I read this but I thought it was a good idea....

Tip for new toys: cover the new toy in a paper with a bow... use bird safe material, and let them ripe through it to get the surprise. if you do that with every toy, then your new toys won't be new anymore, they wil be the same old shreadable fun with a diffrent surprise in it every time. :D

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I found food conquors all fears amd phobias.
I put sunflower seeds anywhere I want Skippah to hang around and its like Hansel anf gretel and the breadcrumbs man,.... he is all over the area to eat the seeds, then works out he forgot to be scared, then explores, then wow, nice new play area. Even hold off a feed if that doesnt seem too cruel. Get him nice and hungry and then leave him food only round the play area. Problem solved?

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hey Chi that sounds like a great idea, may have to try that with some of Buccs new toys, kito just takes to them no problem

Most Reactions