New User Kris

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Hi everyone, I’m Kris. I joined this forum, and another because we all have a common denominator… We love our parrots/birds, and can’t be without them.
I’ll introduce Kiwi to start. Kiwi is a Jenday Conure. Kiwi is a little monster 😇, and loves to get into anything/everything. He is a chainsaw on legs, and goes through a lot of toys. I’ve had Kiwi for 10+ years. I love conures. They are so full of energy, and are fun to train. Kiwi also loves to snuggle under people’s shirt, and into necks. He definitely has a conure instinct to burrow. Nextly we have Nico. Nico is an eclectus parrot. He’s the complete opposite of a conure. He is very slow like a sloth, and hates mornings. He tends to be more quiet, and docile. I adopted him from a shelter I volunteered at roughly 3 months ago. I fell in love with him. Nico isn’t a huge chewer, and doesn’t especially like toys. Nico took awhile to come out of his shell. He now pops out of his cage to see me after he wakes up (which can take awhile). He would be like a coffee drinker who doesn’t want to talk before their coffee is gone. He’s a very funny parrot. He’s obsessed with nutriberries. I give them as snacks, and if I leave the room briefly Nico will find a way to get to those nutriberries 😂.
A2FABD47-7E19-463A-902F-2B3E98DAFBE2.jpeg
8202FB8B-691A-4B14-B154-C1DFCC33FE8D.jpeg
Anyways I just wanted to say hi, and introduce my parrots. Please feel free to leave a comment below about your parrots. I love to learn about them. They have so much personality 🤪

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome Kris to what we like to think of as the nicest little corner of the internet! Thank you for introducing us to your very handsome pair! And congratulations on your adoption of Nico and giving him a wonderful new home - I suspect it was probably love at first sight in both directions there! :love: It certainly sounds like he's landed in the right place with you.

Thank you for joining our virtual online flock, I think you will find many new friends here :)

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Welcome, Kris!

What a lively pair, they both sound so lovable in their own way! I am very happy that you took Nico under your wing and given him a 2nd chance!

I'd be very happy to follow any future stories about your two feathery friends! It already sounds very interesting!

I never had eclectuses (only seen them) but I do have a teeny tiny Emma's conure! You wouldn't believe that they keep that conure big boy attitude even while being a tiny 52 gramm fluff 😂 I adore conures, such little silly cuddly clowns.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Welcome to the Forums, Kris!

Beautiful babies you have! Never had a conure, but they're awesome little birds. I admit I have a soft spot for ekkies. And rescues. And pluckers. My "one" was all of those things, and he taught me so much. Incredible personality, and it was all in those eyes. They watch, and they know what you're thinking, I promise! Thank you for giving Nico a much deserved loving forever home. :)

Looking forward to more of your adventure with your feather babies! Oh, and more pictures please. We love them here!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A warm welcome Kris, thanks for sharing gorgeous pics of Kiwi and Nico! Your synopsis perfectly meshes with stereotypical Conure and Ekkie behaviors. Very nice contrast of personalities!!

ypgroce

Jun 7, 2019
Media
Bay Area
Parrots
Panama Amazon Parrot
Hi everyone, I’m Kris. I joined this forum, and another because we all have a common denominator… We love our parrots/birds, and can’t be without them.
I’ll introduce Kiwi to start. Kiwi is a Jenday Conure. Kiwi is a little monster 😇, and loves to get into anything/everything. He is a chainsaw on legs, and goes through a lot of toys. I’ve had Kiwi for 10+ years. I love conures. They are so full of energy, and are fun to train. Kiwi also loves to snuggle under people’s shirt, and into necks. He definitely has a conure instinct to burrow. Nextly we have Nico. Nico is an eclectus parrot. He’s the complete opposite of a conure. He is very slow like a sloth, and hates mornings. He tends to be more quiet, and docile. I adopted him from a shelter I volunteered at roughly 3 months ago. I fell in love with him. Nico isn’t a huge chewer, and doesn’t especially like toys. Nico took awhile to come out of his shell. He now pops out of his cage to see me after he wakes up (which can take awhile). He would be like a coffee drinker who doesn’t want to talk before their coffee is gone. He’s a very funny parrot. He’s obsessed with nutriberries. I give them as snacks, and if I leave the room briefly Nico will find a way to get to those nutriberries 😂. View attachment 30691View attachment 30692Anyways I just wanted to say hi, and introduce my parrots. Please feel free to leave a comment below about your parrots. I love to learn about them. They have so much personality 🤪
You have great birds but I am concerned that one of them has plucked his breast feathers. That is a sign of stress.

Most Reactions

Latest posts