Newbie member with a question

Evie74

Jan 29, 2023
Parrots
Grey and white cockatiel
Hi I've got a three year old grey and white cockatiel called Charlie. He's absolutely gorgeous in every way. He's not hand tame he's terrified of hands. The breeders said they'd had a real fight trying to grab him when he was about twelve weeks old and since then he won't entertain hands at all. He comes up to my face and gives me kisses and he talks really well. He says hello Charlie....what you doing?.....Acho.....peekaboo....and he whistles lots of tunes Adams family etc. He has a varied diet of seed and fresh produce along with cuttlefish and looks in great condition. The only problem is that for the past four or five months he has become obsessed with a ball in the bottom of his cage .... He throws it about but every time he throws it he makes a small squeaky chirp and does this repetitively for hours sometimes. Why is he doing this? Should I remove the ball or will it upset him? Theres no distracting him when hes like this and it's starting to drive my husband mad. We talk to him a lot and move his cage down from the unit onto the table so he can see different things and he seems really happy. It's just this repetitive soft chirping. Can someone advise me what I should do please? Many thanks in advance

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Sounds like play! My little 'zon Salty went thru that stage, tossing a plastic ball with a bell in it. For hours. Grew out of it. He plays with other stuff now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts