OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Nico wanted to share that he’s getting his vitamin d and having fun in the sun while everyone else is working… he doesn’t feel bad about it either.
88957800-32E8-4398-AC2F-FD6AF8A990B8.jpeg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Look at that big old beak! So cute!

Costume idea:
You could dress niko up like the Great Pumpkin for Halloween. An orange frilly jacket would look great with his green feathers and bright orange beak.

Would he put up with that?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Orange fleece with a fuzzy green and brown “stem” collar?

Poor poor Niko. I have a pattern to make a baby mandalorian (baby Yoda) hat for Willow, and maybe a nice brown Jedi robe. I don’t know if he will allow me to dress him up or if he’ll forgive me after.

If I can pull off the Yoda ears I will be satisfied😁

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Nico is a good sport with dressing him up, and loves the attention. Don’t mess with his food though, or you are in for it! Willow would make a good Yoda!!!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Nico is a good sport with dressing him up, and loves the attention. Don’t mess with his food though, or you are in for it! Willow would make a good Yoda!!!!
Well, if I do it, I’ll post a photo. Willow lets me wrap him up in a towel and squeeze him out, so maybe he’ll wear a hat with big ears for me.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Everyone has such behaved parrots on here. Then there’s mine 🤣🤣🤣🤣

My conure was playing a game of ruin jewelry this week. Just see if our beak can go through gold, and how many jewels or diamonds I can pick out (I have no idea why she randomly started doing this).

Nico is out exploring (found him under a car seat) because he’s learned how to let himself out of his carrier. I kept thinking I was forgetting to zip up his carrier. Then I was standing next to the carrier as he started unzipping it! This went on the last 4-5 times I had to use his carrier.

There is never a dull moment 😊

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Does his carrier have two zippers with pull tabs? If so, you can lock or clip them together. Or you could sew a metal or plastic ring onto Nico’s carrier and clip the zipper pull to the ring.

He has such a cute big orange beak!

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I started using sandwich bag ties because the pull tabs do have holes in them. I am not sure if I can find a lock small enough. Nico gets so mad now, and screams because he can’t escape. He wants his escaping privileges back 🤣

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Nico’s first cabin (camping) experience… he hates bugs, and screams at them 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Needless to say Nico hates nature, and would elect not to camp
C15D8270-14D5-441E-8AE5-D9FCB29BD69A.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts