OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Nico has been wheezing, and having a whistling sound coming out of his nostrils. His vet is out of town so he seen a different one. He isn't a big fan of vets, and he thinks they are darth vader. He prefers to bite, or scream at them.

He had his first nasal flush! he didn't like that at all. He protested that being done for sure. The vet could see some buildup behind the fold in his right nostril. I'm hoping this is a good fix to his situation as he has been rubbing his beak agaist his bars, and is missing a lot of feather's around his nostrils. I can't imagine that feels good. He also has been sticking his ekkie claws in his nostrils as well. She did look at the sample she got from the nasal flush. She is thinking because Nico regurgitates that some food got lodged in his nostril. I am just hoping this is the case, and it isn't anything more serious.

Nico has just been resting in his nighttime room sense getting back from his vet appointment. I usually let him calm down, and rest after he gets that worked up. He's eating, and drinking as usual.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Poor buddy!!! I hope this helps him feel better. That's a big day for sure.

I just can't get over how beautiful the feathers along his wings are! The colors are incredible!

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Poor buddy!!! I hope this helps him feel better. That's a big day for sure.

I just can't get over how beautiful the feathers along his wings are! The colors are incredible!
He was really scared that was for sure. He was shaking, and grabbing my clothes because he didn't want to be toweled.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I LOVE him!!!! There are a few reasons I wish Cotton trusted me, but being able to take him outside is a big one right now. How fun for Nico! The weather is perfect for it today!
It was such a beautiful day out today. It's supposed to be beautiful all weekend too. I am very excited.

I bet Cotton will love it outside. Nico goes out for about 20 minutes. He will start panting, and then want back inside just to turn around to run to the back door to go back outside. Then he will scream if I ignore his requests at the back door to go outside. This isn't fun in the winter. So there are downfalls to this :ROFLMAO:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Today is perfect so far, too! Cotton has spent the morning at the window playing in front of all his finch friends, so I bet Nico has been asking to go out at least once 😄

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I just had my AC unit replaced, and a dual zone system installed. The AC was broke this entire time. I am hoping with all of these things perhaps Nico's respiratory issues improve some as well. It was so humid in my house. I used to cover him at night as well to make sure he got a good nights sleep. I have stopped covering him as he himself has a lot of dander.

Nico thought he was a tough cookie to the people installing the AC unit, and dual zone system. He jumped down from his stand, got in attack mode, and charged :ROFLMAO: The longer I have Nico the more I realize he really doesn't like strangers. New people really overstimulate him.

I am crossing my fingers that with some of these changes Nico will improve! :)

Most Reactions