Nighttime ponders about my Lovebirds

Theodore Marshall

Feb 17, 2023
Parrots
I have a male and a female lovebird
So, my lovebirds have been fighting, but when I checked the time I realised it was probably because they were sleepy and were bothered over their regular regime being broken (it was 9 PM at the time, they go to sleep at 8 PM and the lights were on). Naturally, I took them into a darker room, STILL giving them a small nightlight, but it just begs the questions. Are my lovebirds mad that I took them into a dark room, or are they happy that they get to go to sleep as planned?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Not sure what your LoveBirds are feeling about the later Bedtime or being moved. That said, messing with our Amazon's bedtime and there will be hell to be paid, if his sleep cycle is interrupted. Sadly, the only way you will know is if you get 'butt feathered' or they turn their back to you and refuse interaction until they feel you have been error enough.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to the forum!
My guess is that they were relieved to be taken to a dark place so they could go to sleep. How did they act when you moved them? Did they go to sleep quickly? I think that those answers may let you know:)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Most Reactions