Nikki (April 19, 2004 - May 14, 2023)

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
My beautiful Quaker Parrot Nikki passed away early yesterday morning. She was such an inspiration. She survived wing amputation surgery by the grace of God. These last few months have been rough for her as I officially learned that Nikki had chronic hepatopathy in March. Then she had an emergency vet visit for what appeared to be a respiratory infection. Although she showed signs of improvement, she just could not get back to 100%. I found she had passed away early Sunday morning. While part of me is relieved that she won't suffer anymore, I am still hurting.

Her cage mate, Sunny (19-year-old female Sun Conjure) and I have been leaning on one another. I don't know if I could get through this without Sunny. Nikki was my very first bird. There wouldn't be Sunny without Nikki. Man, I love that little green bird. I hope she knows that and I hope that after she died, she just didn't go out of existence and is living happily with God. The thought of her possibly being lost forever just kills me.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My beautiful Quaker Parrot Nikki passed away early yesterday morning. She was such an inspiration. She survived wing amputation surgery by the grace of God. These last few months have been rough for her as I officially learned that Nikki had chronic hepatopathy in March. Then she had an emergency vet visit for what appeared to be a respiratory infection. Although she showed signs of improvement, she just could not get back to 100%. I found she had passed away early Sunday morning. While part of me is relieved that she won't suffer anymore, I am still hurting.

Her cage mate, Sunny (19-year-old female Sun Conjure) and I have been leaning on one another. I don't know if I could get through this without Sunny. Nikki was my very first bird. There wouldn't be Sunny without Nikki. Man, I love that little green bird. I hope she knows that and I hope that after she died, she just didn't go out of existence and is living happily with God. The thought of her possibly being lost forever just kills me.
Oh no, @FieryPhoenix, I'm so very sorry to hear this awful news, my most heartfelt condolences go out to you, and to Sunny too. Thank goodness you have each other to lean on now. Rest assured that Nikki knew how very deeply you loved her, just as she chose you to receive her love all those many years ago. She is not lost, she will be waiting for you because the bonds of love that you still share will reunite you with her again one day - I have faith that that will happen for all of us with all of our very special feather babies, and you will hold Nikki close in your heart until you see her again. Meanwhile I am sending prayers and my every sympathy to both you and Sunny, I know how deeply this hurts, and I am so very sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, beautiful Nikki, until we all meet again 🌈🙏

ImaParrot

Apr 13, 2023
Media
Houston, Texas
Parrots
Turtle (my sister's budgie. Let's be real, I'm taking care of him)
Elvis (budgie)
Olive (budgie)
Niki R.I.P (budgie)

I am so sorry! I had a budgie named Niki, but she died about a month ago. I have no idea what to say, but I'm so sorry.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Oh no I'm so sorry! She was such a special bird and really was a champ going through all her medical issues without complaint. Hugs to both of you 💔

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I’m so sorry to hear of this!

I know how much you love her and all of the things you were doing to make her feel better.
I’m happy you have Sunny to comfort you and she has you to comfort her.

Avian so sorry for your loss.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Oh no, @FieryPhoenix, I'm so very sorry to hear this awful news, my most heartfelt condolences go out to you, and to Sunny too. Thank goodness you have each other to lean on now. Rest assured that Nikki knew how very deeply you loved her, just as she chose you to receive her love all those many years ago. She is not lost, she will be waiting for you because the bonds of love that you still share will reunite you with her again one day - I have faith that that will happen for all of us with all of our very special feather babies, and you will hold Nikki close in your heart until you see her again. Meanwhile I am sending prayers and my every sympathy to both you and Sunny, I know how deeply this hurts, and I am so very sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, beautiful Nikki, until we all meet again 🌈🙏
So sorry for your loss! Don't worry about Nikki anymore- she has lots of birdie friends to keep her company until you meet again. My dearly departed budgies Hermie, Buddy, Buddy, Buddy, Nummie, Skye, Bib, Frenchy and Stormy were there to greet her when she arrived! Take care of yourself and Sunny, who needs you now more than ever

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
Thank you all for your condolences. It is really nice to have Sunny. Although, I feel like Sunny is handling this better than I am. She is just lapping up the extra attention, treats and special activities I do with her.

Nikki was exceptional. She was the gateway to my love of birds. She inspired me on so many levels. She and Sunny were inspirations behind my musical compositions. The two of them were featured in BirdTalk's Flock On. They both got to be models for an art class. My parish priest blessed them both at the time. They played with my nieces and nephew.

I hope to one day look at a Quaker Parrot without getting choked up. When I dropped off Nikki's body for cremation at the vet clinic, there was a blue quaker parrot going in for an exam. I got all choked up.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Thank you all for your condolences. It is really nice to have Sunny. Although, I feel like Sunny is handling this better than I am. She is just lapping up the extra attention, treats and special activities I do with her.

Nikki was exceptional. She was the gateway to my love of birds. She inspired me on so many levels. She and Sunny were inspirations behind my musical compositions. The two of them were featured in BirdTalk's Flock On. They both got to be models for an art class. My parish priest blessed them both at the time. They played with my nieces and nephew.

I hope to one day look at a Quaker Parrot without getting choked up. When I dropped off Nikki's body for cremation at the vet clinic, there was a blue quaker parrot going in for an exam. I got all choked up.
I cried for weeks when my BFF budgie Buddy died about 35 years ago. It took me three years to get a other budgie, also named Buddy. You WILL feel better, I promise you, but I know how tough it is. I love my birds so much! Right now I'm sitting with my baby, Rocky (a budgie I hand raised from an egg six months ago), looking at her precious face and thinking how horrible I will fear when I lose her eventually. But that's the circle of life and to experience the joy we must also experience the pain.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry to read of Nikki's passing, she had quite the warrior spirit and fought hard to stay with you.
She took with her all the love you've given her, and I believe she will be waiting on the other side of the bridge for you. She is no longer suffering, and her wings are healthy and perfect.

I'm so glad that you and Sunny are leaning on each other. I believe that you each are drawing the others strength, just when you need it.
My Jax and I did the same thing when we lost Phoe, we were both grieving but feeling each others love helped us get through it.

Sending feathered prayers to you and Sunny. And I'm just so sorry for your loss:(
Fly free, Beautiful Nikki, until we meet again.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I'm so sorry for the loss of Nikki ❤️ Remember to take care of yourself. I'm thinking of you and Sunny.

Godspeed, sweet lil Nikki. You will be missed.

Rambosmother

May 31, 2019

I'm so sorry for your loss. How old was Nikki? I just lost my 30 year old Quaker few days ago. So heartbreaking.

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
She was 19. 30 years old? That’s amazing. I was hoping Nikki would make it to 20 but given everything shes been through she lived a good life and longer than I anticipated.

Most Reactions

Latest posts