Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
So I have a male green quaker, when I first got him he weighed 95g and I got him up to 101g. Most websites say they usually weigh more than this. He'll be 3 in June 2022, could anyone share the weight and age of their quaker? Or any advice? Thanks :giggle:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hi! I've read the same , but I guess they are getting smaller, I know 20 years ago the ones I met were much larger.
My Pikachu, 4 years old 115, but non breeding season can be 107
My Penny 104, tho she seems better at 110 she is over 15 years but true age unknown has some health issues
Phoebe I need to check she us coming up on 2 that seems to be when they finish bulking up 105
My love Neptune tho small was 125 he was not fat
Mine are all flighted.
Non flighted can weigh less, as tgey don't have developed pectoral, can be overweight too tho from lack of exercise

Last edited:
OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Oh, he's flighted, but he doesn't fly much; I try and get him to come to my hand for his favorite treats (safflower or dried fruit) but he recently stopped coming to my hand, when I first got him he came to my hand whether he could see a treat or not. I guess he's so settled in he just wants me to come and get him rather than fly lol 😅

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Oh, he's flighted, but he doesn't fly much; I try and get him to come to my hand for his favorite treats (safflower or dried fruit) but he recently stopped coming to my hand, when I first got him he came to my hand whether he could see a treat or not. I guess he's so settled in he just wants me to come and get him rather than fly lol 😅
I had a very dainty Quaker for my first Quaker. She was around 100g at good weight. Some birds have a more petite build than others, who can say they are ‘big boned’.
Your vet can show you how to feel the bird’s breast muscle and fat (keel) to tell if he or she is scrawny, normal, in good flesh, or overweight.
i like to describe myself as “in good flesh” currently.

Most Reactions

Latest posts