Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Here are some pics of some moose I got!

He is perfectly fine, just sleepy because he is a juvenile although, his hock was a little bloody the other day, no clue what happened but he is all healed up.

Attachments

• 14D42B82-D8A1-4073-A836-60A924719B8C.jpeg
    14D42B82-D8A1-4073-A836-60A924719B8C.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 94753956-9492-4D5F-BA2D-48E944C315E4.jpeg
    94753956-9492-4D5F-BA2D-48E944C315E4.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 1DB9F264-7ABB-47BB-A408-610453FA4F32.jpeg
    1DB9F264-7ABB-47BB-A408-610453FA4F32.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 507AC76D-9AA7-486D-9511-12BDBE4B15C3.jpeg
    507AC76D-9AA7-486D-9511-12BDBE4B15C3.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 30
  • F720E4F3-3C67-4B17-B584-C2FE0A2B0CA5.jpeg
    F720E4F3-3C67-4B17-B584-C2FE0A2B0CA5.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 30
  • D9F2321A-87B5-4995-8C26-36383CE56720.jpeg
    D9F2321A-87B5-4995-8C26-36383CE56720.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 22C9E07F-D237-44AD-BE60-3AE17C7BDF88.jpeg
    22C9E07F-D237-44AD-BE60-3AE17C7BDF88.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 4B53B69F-165D-423C-8B9B-BEAC79BE3D44.jpeg
    4B53B69F-165D-423C-8B9B-BEAC79BE3D44.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 41EADE88-1D31-4B36-BD1F-4D0C4EB87BCE.jpeg
    41EADE88-1D31-4B36-BD1F-4D0C4EB87BCE.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 5626E10B-384D-43E4-9AF5-8365432B195D.jpeg
    5626E10B-384D-43E4-9AF5-8365432B195D.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 39A08BBC-1609-46D4-ACCE-9A64B32F185B.jpeg
    39A08BBC-1609-46D4-ACCE-9A64B32F185B.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 31
  • A0A26797-DC1C-43BC-9724-55360BC439DE.jpeg
    A0A26797-DC1C-43BC-9724-55360BC439DE.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 27

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Here are some pics of some moose I got!

He is perfectly fine, just sleepy because he is a juvenile although, his hock was a little bloody the other day, no clue what happened but he is all healed up.
These pics are fantastic, what a precious little guy he is!
Did you take these in your yard?

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
So mama trusts you with her baby! Luckily you!
As you know, things can go downhill fast.
I wouldnā€™t say she trusts me, more likeā€¦ sheā€™s dead. Itā€™s pretty grim, poor little baby hasnā€™t left in a week now. No mother in the 6 or so days heā€™s been here. Iā€™m guessing she was hit by a car. Super sad :(

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Yeah, I took them in my yard! All from the window!
I wish I had a moose in my yard, that is amazing!
We have a neighbour's cat that we have to run off our back porch every day and that's about it..lol

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I wish I had a moose in my yard, that is amazing!
We have a neighbour's cat that we have to run off our back porch every day and that's about it..lol
Move to Alaska, every animal here is so fascinating and diverse! The roads are hell in winter tho. We have 3 species of jays, many tit birds, no giant insects/invertebrates, no reptiles, like 2 frogs, moose are common in the winter, if you live very far up north, polar bears will be a threat, we have 3 species of bears (grizzly, black, and polar) but only one is a common issue if you live in certain areas, we have many waterfowl (including swans!), in some areas wolves are probably existent, not a lotta people here, no bugs for like 6 months, and we have pretty flowers!

The downside: cold, 3 feet or more snow is to be expected, roads are very dangerous in the winter, in certain towns, racism, transphobia, and homophobia are VERY common (my town is not super racist but very homophobic), if youā€™re ā€œluckyā€ you can see some old lady get tackled in a store for theft (I got to see that when I was like 10), in anchorage, there is a good chance of just getting stabbed at a bus stop, everything is pricier, a lot of things will not ship, earthquakes are quite common, there are like 4 hours of sunlight in the winter and 20 hours of sun in the summer, and be prepared to see a lot of fish, ice cream, and jerky for sale since thatā€™s what Alaska LOVES! Did you know Alaska consumes the MOST ice cream in the United States? Ya, we really love our ice cream! We also really like fish! I think There is fish jerky in my local gas station! Same with beef jerky!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Life on the fringe can be hard and not very accommodating.

FYI: Is this young moose eating on its own? Like your grass, bushes, etc...

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Life on the fringe can be hard and not very accommodating.

FYI: Is this young moose eating on its own? Like your grass, bushes, etc...
Yeah, especially for wild animals.
Yes, he is eating fine, the other night he dug up a bunch of fermented apples and got a little wasted

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
My great, great Aunt owned an Apple Farm and stories around fermented apples are many and fun to remember! Happy to hear the moose is eating!
Thatā€™s so cool! An apple farm has to be tough to manage and maintain! Do you have any stories?

Yup! The moose was eating in the neighbors yard last night too! No clue where the little guy went after that though. Hopefully he survives and grows up to be a giant bull with huge antlers!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Story's about the many years helping on the Apple Farm Summers and early Fall. That is more like; how many weeks do you have! LOL

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Move to Alaska, every animal here is so fascinating and diverse! The roads are hell in winter tho. We have 3 species of jays, many tit birds, no giant insects/invertebrates, no reptiles, like 2 frogs, moose are common in the winter, if you live very far up north, polar bears will be a threat, we have 3 species of bears (grizzly, black, and polar) but only one is a common issue if you live in certain areas, we have many waterfowl (including swans!), in some areas wolves are probably existent, not a lotta people here, no bugs for like 6 months, and we have pretty flowers!

The downside: cold, 3 feet or more snow is to be expected, roads are very dangerous in the winter, in certain towns, racism, transphobia, and homophobia are VERY common (my town is not super racist but very homophobic), if youā€™re ā€œluckyā€ you can see some old lady get tackled in a store for theft (I got to see that when I was like 10), in anchorage, there is a good chance of just getting stabbed at a bus stop, everything is pricier, a lot of things will not ship, earthquakes are quite common, there are like 4 hours of sunlight in the winter and 20 hours of sun in the summer, and be prepared to see a lot of fish, ice cream, and jerky for sale since thatā€™s what Alaska LOVES! Did you know Alaska consumes the MOST ice cream in the United States? Ya, we really love our ice cream! We also really like fish! I think There is fish jerky in my local gas station! Same with beef jerky!

Alaska sounds like heaven, except for the long hours of daylight in the summer! I really don't like sunlight and love the long days of winter here. I would hate the shipping issues, it's hard enough here to get things from the lower 48 sometimes, and it's awful that it's so bad there.

Do you live in a big town or a small one? Ours is small but we're only a little ways out of a big town so the lack of restaurants and things like that isn't a big deal.

I also love ice cream, I'd fit right in!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Alaska sounds like heaven, except for the long hours of daylight in the summer! I really don't like sunlight and love the long days of winter here. I would hate the shipping issues, it's hard enough here to get things from the lower 48 sometimes, and it's awful that it's so bad there.

Do you live in a big town or a small one? Ours is small but we're only a little ways out of a big town so the lack of restaurants and things like that isn't a big deal.

I also love ice cream, I'd fit right in!
Yeah! Itā€™s pretty neat here! Not a lot of people, dark winters, giant snow horses with dagger feet, temper tantrums, and antlers, super nice summers, no giant insects, no reptiles, no severely venomous animals, no floods, no tornadoes or hurricanes, and temperatures rarely exceed 85Ā°! Itā€™s pretty nice! But the 6 months of snow, few hours of light, -30Ā°, bad windstorms, 3+ feet of snow (in some areas you can get 9 feet), avalanches in some areas like anchorage, and shipping annoyances are what you have to trade in.

The shipping isnt too bad if you have Amazon but Etsy and eBay are NIGHTMARES. Same with bird toy websites. 5-100$ shipping! It makes me want to commit heinous crimes against all of target mannequinity! It can take things 1 week to 2 months to arrive in the mail. I once waited 1.5 months for a sticker in the mail. It was worth it for sure tho! It was a beautiful print!

I live in a medium ish town. Hard to explain. Kinda small, kinda not. In the heart of it are a bunch of fast food places and restaurants! No chick fil a, chipotle, Waffle House, or anything like that. Just raising canes, Wendyā€™s, McDonaldā€™s, sonic, Burger King, Taco Bell, and KFC. The basic ones lol

The restaurants are AMAZING! The family restaurant near a little strip mall has some killer pancakes! They are HUGE, fluffy, buttery, sweet, and you can get fruit sauces on them too which enhances it! And the bacon? I am super peculiar with how my bacon is cooked and they cook it PERFECTLY! Not crunchy, not floppy, just right! The sprite is on par with McDonaldā€™s sprite too! Itā€™s also got the tastiest desserts around! Thereā€™s even a restaurant super close to my house! Not even a mile away! Itā€™s for some very rich people though but we went last year and while it was too fancy for me, the over the top, egg roll looking mozzarella sticks were AMAZING! It was delicious! Thinking about all this food is making my mouth water.

I love ice cream too! Whatā€™s your favorite? I like rocky road!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yeah! Itā€™s pretty neat here! Not a lot of people, dark winters, giant snow horses with dagger feet, temper tantrums, and antlers, super nice summers, no giant insects, no reptiles, no severely venomous animals, no floods, no tornadoes or hurricanes, and temperatures rarely exceed 85Ā°! Itā€™s pretty nice! But the 6 months of snow, few hours of light, -30Ā°, bad windstorms, 3+ feet of snow (in some areas you can get 9 feet), avalanches in some areas like anchorage, and shipping annoyances are what you have to trade in.

The shipping isnt too bad if you have Amazon but Etsy and eBay are NIGHTMARES. Same with bird toy websites. 5-100$ shipping! It makes me want to commit heinous crimes against all of target mannequinity! It can take things 1 week to 2 months to arrive in the mail. I once waited 1.5 months for a sticker in the mail. It was worth it for sure tho! It was a beautiful print!

I'm so glad that you have an option for ordering! Amazon is the best way for us to order as well.
I'd love to order toy parts from My Safe Bird Store, but the shipping is crazy. I put in 1 vine ball just to see how much shipping would be and it was $35.00. I added another one and it almost doubled..lol

I live in a medium ish town. Hard to explain. Kinda small, kinda not. In the heart of it are a bunch of fast food places and restaurants! No chick fil a, chipotle, Waffle House, or anything like that. Just raising canes, Wendyā€™s, McDonaldā€™s, sonic, Burger King, Taco Bell, and KFC. The basic ones lol

Oh man, I wish we had a Sonic. Chick-Filet is finally coming to Canada, though, and I'm so excited!
The restaurants are AMAZING! The family restaurant near a little strip mall has some killer pancakes! They are HUGE, fluffy, buttery, sweet, and you can get fruit sauces on them too which enhances it! And the bacon? I am super peculiar with how my bacon is cooked and they cook it PERFECTLY! Not crunchy, not floppy, just right! The sprite is on par with McDonaldā€™s sprite too! Itā€™s also got the tastiest desserts around! Thereā€™s even a restaurant super close to my house! Not even a mile away! Itā€™s for some very rich people though but we went last year and while it was too fancy for me, the over the top, egg roll looking mozzarella sticks were AMAZING! It was delicious! Thinking about all this food is making my mouth water.

Now I'm hungry, the egg roll mozza sticks sound amazing! I'm a crunchy bacon girl, myself:)
I love ice cream too! Whatā€™s your favorite? I like rocky road!
Hmmm...I love Pralines & Cream, and chocolate with chocolate chunks and caramel.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I'm so glad that you have an option for ordering! Amazon is the best way for us to order as well.
I'd love to order toy parts from My Safe Bird Store, but the shipping is crazy. I put in 1 vine ball just to see how much shipping would be and it was $35.00. I added another one and it almost doubled..lol

Oh man, I wish we had a Sonic. Chick-Filet is finally coming to Canada, though, and I'm so excited!

Now I'm hungry, the egg roll mozza sticks sound amazing! I'm a crunchy bacon girl, myself:)

Hmmm...I love Pralines & Cream, and chocolate with chocolate chunks and caramel.
Yeah! Amazon prime is a lifesaver! OMG 35 DOLLARS FOR 1 VINE BALL?!?!?! THAT IS NUTS! That number in shipping would be enough to make me formulate a giant stink bomb and fling it at whoever decided that much shipping is necessary!

Eh, sonic is kinda meh. the food is nothing too special. They do have some bomb drinks though!

I do hear chick fil a is amazing though! My friend essentially turns into a rabid animal if you speak one negative word about it so I mean, thatā€™s gotta mean itā€™s good, right? And she is a flavor master and a spice queen (sheā€™s Oklahoman for sure but I dunno where she was born tho lol) so if she says something is good, itā€™s gotta be good. Thatā€™s how she got my picky self to try new foods after all!

i am very hungry too! I want to run up to the gas station rn lol

You and my brother would get along great then! My brother likes crispy bacon too!

I looked up what pralines and cream ice cream was and omg it looks so yummy! Very caramely and creamy looking! Chocolate with chocolate chunks and caramel? That sounds delicious! Top it with some Ghirardelliā€™s chocolate caramel squares and then it sounds NUCLEAR! It will nuke your teeth out but it would be like heaven in taste! You will fit right in!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yeah! Amazon prime is a lifesaver! OMG 35 DOLLARS FOR 1 VINE BALL?!?!?! THAT IS NUTS! That number in shipping would be enough to make me formulate a giant stink bomb and fling it at whoever decided that much shipping is necessary!

It's ridiculous, that's for sure. Luckily we do have a few toy suppliers here that are pretty cheap. Shipping is also expensive even from within Canada, but still cheaper most of the time than from the states.
Eh, sonic is kinda meh. the food is nothing too special. They do have some bomb drinks though!

I think I had them confused with Rally's. We had one in WV and it was cheap and delicious.
I do hear chick fil a is amazing though! My friend essentially turns into a rabid animal if you speak one negative word about it so I mean, thatā€™s gotta mean itā€™s good, right? And she is a flavor master and a spice queen (sheā€™s Oklahoman for sure but I dunno where she was born tho lol) so if she says something is good, itā€™s gotta be good. Thatā€™s how she got my picky self to try new foods after all!

It really is good. Popeye's has a great chicken sandwich too, but I think Chick-fil-A has them beat.
i am very hungry too! I want to run up to the gas station rn lol

You and my brother would get along great then! My brother likes crispy bacon too!

Actually, we'd probably fight over it! lol
I looked up what pralines and cream ice cream was and omg it looks so yummy! Very caramely and creamy looking! Chocolate with chocolate chunks and caramel? That sounds delicious! Top it with some Ghirardelliā€™s chocolate caramel squares and then it sounds NUCLEAR! It will nuke your teeth out but it would be like heaven in taste! You will fit right in!
Yum, adding those squares would make it perfect!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
It's ridiculous, that's for sure. Luckily we do have a few toy suppliers here that are pretty cheap. Shipping is also expensive even from within Canada, but still cheaper most of the time than from the states.

I think I had them confused with Rally's. We had one in WV and it was cheap and delicious.

It really is good. Popeye's has a great chicken sandwich too, but I think Chick-fil-A has them beat.

Actually, we'd probably fight over it! lol

Yum, adding those squares would make it perfect!
Youā€™re so lucky! We have no suppliers here!

Never heard of rallies!

Hmm, maybe chick fil a will come to Alaska in like, 3056? We have Popeyes and itā€™s alright here. Certainly not my favorite but it isnā€™t bad!

Yeah, itā€™s be a whole nuclear war between you two!

I have some experiments to do now šŸ‘€

Most Reactions

Latest posts