Nutritional Analysis for commonly available bird pellets.

Fortuna117

Dec 30, 2017
Decided to mock up a quick Nutritional Analysis for commonly available parrot pellets.

Link:
http://bit.ly/2CBkGq6

Admittedly the analysis suffered from the amount of nutritional information available from brands.

Regardless, feedback is welcome and hope you enjoy.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Us nerd types are going to love this!

As you have found, the labels and sites commonly provide just enough information to spin most peoples heads. When charted, it allows comparisons. The sad part is, unless one knows the specific needs of their Parrot, making knowledgeable choice quickly becomes difficult!

We have long worked with Amazons that come to us very ill and as a result, we look at what is available differently than someone with a very healthy Parrot. Also, each species has specific diet requirements and those must also be first known and second made as part of the choice.

For me and our Amazons: We follow the diet listed in the Amazon Forum Sticky Thread: I Love Amazons - ... in which pellets are part of that diet structure.

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
Very informative! A pellet you forgot is TOPs, which in my opinion are the best for parrots because they’re organic and don’t contain anything artificial (including no added vitamins).

Most Reactions