nutty nuggie

god61021

Aug 8, 2011
illinois
Parrots
red rumped parakeet
Well nuggie has finally come around and likes spending time with us. He/she loves to groom my wife and fight with me. im not talking about gentle playing, it is down right all out kill the daddy type games. usually its over nuggies nickle or bottlecap (his two favorite toys) but the way the game works is nuggie will kick his toy all around the table then bite and attack me. i know hes having fun cuz he'll jump and spin in the air and do somersaults and everything. lucky for me hes not big enough to hurt me cuz hes giving it all he has. her (gonna switch it up since nuggies sex is unown) other favorite game is to help me beat up the computer keyboard the faster I type the crazier she gets. the next best game is to hide in caves. when im typing he will come squeeze underneath my hand and either lay under there talking and biting me having fun or just sit there doing nothing for up to 20 minutes at a time. he will also use toilet paper to make a tent and just hang out under there playing. i put brocoli and other healthy "toys" on the table with us but so far they just get wrestled with. im wondering about the tunneling. is this normal for parakeets? i thought i read i shouldnt put anything in the cage to encourage nesting so a hidey hole type toy is out of the question right?

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
sounds like your having a blast playin to, nut bitesd hard when shes excited and then gets upset when i don't want to play no more!

no idea about the tunneling or nesting behaviours of a parakeet

Most Reactions

Latest posts