2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
- May 2, 2021
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
- He regurgitates after recall sessions. Just to a random perch, and honestly it doesn't look very fun. Maybe he gets motion sick very easily.
- He has invented a recall trick on his own, I just reinforced it.
- Hates bedtime with a passion and exercises his "right to fly" every single darn night. Bedtime takes 20mins with him.
- Refuses to go in the carrier, but loves the walks he goes on once he finally goes in the carrier.
- Sings to my ceiling beams.
- Is skeptical of anything that looks even slightly medicated and will refuse to eat it.
- She holds the millet with her foot to keep me from taking it away. I have to be careful, because sometimes I yank the millet and a little green bird goes flying!
- She's a true shoulder bird. Loves my shoulder, and prefers it to my hand or arm. Will stay put for a bit on my shoulder as well.
- Is the most chaotic singer you'll ever meet. Head bobbing super hard, doing those crazy budgie/'too "head flips", hopping, and running around like crazy.
- Instead of "kissing" me, she takes her beak and drags it over my face.
- She will lay on her back if she feels like it.
- She likes to grab pieces of millet, carry them to a perch, and eat them there.
- She likes to sing to my air purifier and my fish tank's air pump.
- Gets mad at the light on the air purifier and tries to bite it.
- My air purifier is touch-sensitive, so she frequently adjusts the settings while pitter-pattering around on it.
- Gets so excited for millet that she will hang off my hand.
- Has this specific ramekin that she really likes to sit on and sing to. It's orange. And does not look like a bird.