OI!! Don't touch that!!!!

Cinnanymph

Sep 9, 2021
So, Baby Bird is a good baby outside her cage. She likes playing on her magic carpet toy, she likes flying from the top of the cage to my head or to my arm (excellent landing skills!), and of course having a wander about the desk and pooping on things I really wish she wouldn't poop on.

The problem is that I have an avian lamp on the cage. And this cheeky baby will NOT leave it or the power cord alone! I know the cord is re-enforced for this very reason, but I still do NOT want her going near it or touching it. It's the model of Arcadia lamp that clamps directly onto the cage. I thought putting something in front of the cable would keep her away, but she's so confident that doesn't work anymore.

Parrot gurus, how do I safely keep her away from it OR protect it without doing anything that might cause a fire? I don't want to have to unclamp it everytime she comes out, that's simply not practical!

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
I wonder if this would work for birds?

For other small animals, you wrap cords and other things you don't want them to chew, and it tastes bitter so they leave it alone. Birds don't have a whole ton of taste buds so I'm not certain it would be effective but it's the first thing that came to mind!

OP
C

Cinnanymph

Sep 9, 2021
Oh you might be on to something there, I wonder if they are hard enough to withstand a cockatiel beak

Most Reactions