Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
What are your opinions on the Birdtricks cookbook? Is it worth it? If I order it I'll get the digital version, I might not even get it.

Have any of you bought/used it before?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
What are your opinions on the Birdtricks cookbook? Is it worth it? If I order it I'll get the digital version, I might not even get it.

Have any of you bought/used it before?
Yeah I bought it. The seasonal feeding system she does is no great thing I mean I think she says to put waaaay to much pasta etc. Some of the recipes in there are cool though, she does say using ingredients many people disagree with are fine (onions, garlic, olives etc.) I would go with the digital since the printed version is double? I think.
Two much better options that I LOVED is 'A Parrots Fine Cuisine Cookbook and Nutritional Guide' by Karmen Budai and Shean Pao, or 'A Parrots Healthy Dining, Go Raw!' also by Karmen Budai. Both of these are much cheaper and have better info in my opinion

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Yeah I bought it. The seasonal feeding system she does is no great thing I mean I think she says to put waaaay to much pasta etc. Some of the recipes in there are cool though, she does say using ingredients many people disagree with are fine (onions, garlic, olives etc.) I would go with the digital since the printed version is double? I think.
Two much better options that I LOVED is 'A Parrots Fine Cuisine Cookbook and Nutritional Guide' by Karmen Budai and Shean Pao, or 'A Parrots Healthy Dining, Go Raw!' also by Karmen Budai. Both of these are much cheaper and have better info in my opinion
Thank you for the great advice! I checked out both books, they're available in SA! Woo-hoo!
I'll see, maybe I'll order them :)

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I found a recipe book by her, also available in SA, it's called "A Parrot's Healthy Meal Planner: 1"

Opinions?

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I don't think I'm going to ever buy her products.. yes, a lot of info on her channel and website is very accurate and I'd even link it to people, but it's highly likely that her "original" cold-pressed pellets are just rebranded TOP's 😐

They're also overpriced imo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I found a recipe book by her, also available in SA, it's called "A Parrot's Healthy Meal Planner: 1"

Opinions?
I don't have that one but it's probably great since her others are.

Most Reactions

Latest posts