TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Just got the baby home ... (s)he is checking out the new cage and we are giving in ... we are not making him stay in his cage ... he's got us wrapped around his talons already ... AND WE LOVE IT :D There will probably not be any pictures tonight ... (s)he is traumatized by the whole experience/ car ride home in a box and a whole new cage and stuff ... and (s)he has just rejected his first food (very human healthy) whole wheat bread ... ok, let's go see about some grapes .... if they are good enough for Buc then I am sure little Hamlet will do OK by them!

I will keep you all updated!

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

Congratulations

ooo try scrambled eggs... with the shell crushed in them

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Well, we think (s)he likes raisins ... are they good for the little one (I know, I know, everything in moderation ... ) I will, however, try the scrambled eggs with the shell ...

I do have a question about perch sizes ... how big is too big? How do I know if I might have perches that are too big for the little one? Any ideas?

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
CONGRATS PICS PICS PICS!!!! I have found my baby he is the last one left and if he hasn't been bought by monday I will snatch him up he is the most beatiful jenday in the world every color of the rainbow!!! I will post pics in a second :):):) again congrats!

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
ok here is the group of them
200620babies205.jpg
and here is the one they have left
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q83/kelli___2007/Jenday20in20flight20with20Carl.jpg so everyone please pray/cross your finger that he will still be there on monday when I get back from the weekend!!!!!!! I WANT HIM SOO BAD :)

Last edited:

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Congrats!!! Cant wait to see how the little one looks like! And i hope you'll get that Jenday Kelli, he is stunning!!!:eek:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah, that is great news I'm so happy for ya both. I'm sure your new baby will have no trouble training you. :D

As for perches you can have a variety of sizes, I have a very large one for our little guys and then some very smaller ones, the smaller ones they can grip with their feet, the large one they can't fit their feet round. Just think about all the different trees they would perch in, in the wild. Grapes, Buccs favourite, but he loves the egg as well. Come to think of it he just likes food. :D I look forward to seeing pics of your baby when he has gotten used to his new surroundings.

Kelli, I'm keeping everything crossed for you, that Jenday is beautiful. I hope that he is still there for you on Monday.

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZSYYYYYYYYGB&utm_id=7926

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Ok, here is the long awited debut of our new little one ... I would like to introduce to all of you - Hamlet (or, it could be Ophelia ...)

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
How did I miss this picture. :eek:

Hamlet is a treasure. Real beautiful.

Keep those pictures coming.

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
so how has is noise level been since you've had him?

He chatters, he squaks a little ... he calls two or three times when we come home ... but other than that, nothing at all ... he has been really quiet, and I don't know if that is a good thing, or a bad thing ... maybe he just never learned "THE CALL" you know ...

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
So, I have to know, how'd it go with that lady and your new Jenday??

Most Reactions