Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I wonder if between us all we have birds named starting with every letter in the alphabet.

We can start with A and work our way to Z , and when we get to Z the next person will start again with A. Only one bird per letter for each round.
I think it will be fun to see all their names and species. This can include our babies that have passed if anyone wants to do that:)

A

AB (Lovebird)

B

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Questions:
1. Do we write only our own birbs or it can be any PF member fid?
2. If we had a birb which was renamed after rehoming, we can count the new name as our past fid?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Questions:
1. Do we write only our own birbs or it can be any PF member fid?
2. If we had a birb which was renamed after rehoming, we can count the new name as our past fid?
I think we should use our own birds.
You can use either name, or both when the letter comes up:)

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I think I asked a bit wrong question - I meant birds which aren't ours any longer but we know the new name after leaving us.
I'll have to wait a while to post because my fids are:

Griffen
Jeff
John
Pippen
Snowy
Sunny

Are we allowed to do past fids?
Don't worry I have to wait too 😅

From Terry's post:
This can include our babies that have passed if anyone wants to do that:)
So, yes, I'm not sure what about rehomed fids

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'll have to wait a while to post because my fids are:

Griffen
Jeff
John
Pippen
Snowy
Sunny

Are we allowed to do past fids?
Yes, past birds we loved are fine.
Nicknames can also be used!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I think I asked a bit wrong question - I meant birds which aren't ours any longer but we know the new name after leaving us.

Don't worry I have to wait too 😅

From Terry's post:

So, yes, I'm not sure what about rehomed fids
Rehomed Fids can also be included. They were in our lives for a time and we loved them, that's all that matters:)
As I just mentioned to Pipp we can also use nicknames we give to our birds.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
As I just mentioned to Pipp we can also use nicknames we give to our birds.
All name versions of my fids start with the same letters, so it doesn't really mater to me... but if I count all fids I had with all known to me names - "the closest" name which could be used begins with... "Ć" :LOL: (Polish alphabet! Just kidding, I'd pin it as normal "c")

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
All name versions of my fids start with the same letters, so it doesn't really mater to me... but if I count all fids I had with all known to me names - "the closest" name which could be used begins with... "Ć" :LOL: (Polish alphabet! Just kidding, I'd pin it as normal "c")
Haha, I had to go room by room saying their names, and of course AB is in the last room in the last cage.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I wonder if between us all we have birds named starting with every letter in the alphabet.

We can start with A and work our way to Z , and when we get to Z the next person will start again with A. Only one bird per letter for each round.
I think it will be fun to see all their names and species. This can include our babies that have passed if anyone wants to do that:)

A

AB (Lovebird)

B
I think i get the gist, but correct me if i'm wrong .....

B

Baci (GCC)

C

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
C

Ok ya'll gonna laugh but... I once had a senegal named Kiki(one day I'll tell her story... when I'm ready..) and I originally named her... *embarrassed but also laughing*
OMGOSH wait..

So basically when I was like 7 I used to play this bird game and you'd buy and breed birds and stuff- so they automatically gave the birds names... some of the birds in the game were named "Cha-cha" so 7 y/o me decided to name my birb that name😅
My family teased me about it so I named her Kiki instead...

D

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
No one else with an E?

I got it covered: Ekko (Eclectus)

F

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Bump ‘cause I don’t think anyone seeing this has an H.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I do!

H

Herschel (gone but not forgotten, my sweet little crippled Society Finch)

I

Most Reactions

Latest posts