Outdoor Recall w/ Kyleigh

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
I haven't talked about it much, but Kyleigh and I have been working toward free flight since about December. She's been recalling indoors since she was about 10 weeks old.

Yesterday was our 3rd time outside. It was windy, so her landing were a bit....rough lol.

Enjoy!

[ame="https://youtu.be/MJ9DN9eX4-o"]Outdoor Recall w/ Kyleigh - YouTube[/ame]

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
ROFLMAO! No! Not at all. You have to remember that each parront does what they feel is best for them and their fid(s). :) I LOVE what you are doing with Kyleigh! I really do. I would just never have enough balls to try it with mine, that's all. :D (Heck, I have to watch mine like a 'hawk' when I take them outside because my area is full of birds of prey)

I bet before too long you'll have Kyleigh flying in big, open fields, reliably coming back to you. You and I both know I'm right. ;)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Looks like she's doing great with her recall training! How's she liking the great outdoors?:D

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Great job Stephen! Getting Kyleigh was the best thing for you wasn't it?!

ps.. I agree with Wendy's post.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I love watching your progress with Kyleigh, Stephen! You're doing such an amazing job with her.

I once dreamed of doing free flight with my flock, but like Wendy (not surprisingly since we both live in Jersey)I was put off by the large number of predatory birds in my area. (Some of which are ridiculously large!) So I set my sights on harness training, instead.

But I always enjoy watching parrots in free flight. It's a beautiful thing.

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
I love seeing all the progress you are making with Kyleigh. On days when I don't feel like training with Baxter, I think of you and Kyleigh and am motivated to keep going!

Keep up the amazing work and please keep sharing your photos and videos!

Most Reactions

Latest posts