Parrot travel water bottle/device

Ninjina93

Jan 21, 2022
Hi all. I am looking to get some kind of water bottle device for when on the road, travelling to the vet etc. Something that can attach to the inside of the cage but not spill all over us when in the car. What type of device works best for this? At home we use just a simple bowl but it's not something that works in the car.

Photos of your recommendations would be so appreciated, or links!

Odo can drink from my hand but we are also in the midst of rehoming a wild quaker who is still not used to human hands and we really need something specific for her. Thanks!

Edit: I should add that the homing trip for the rescued wild child is going to be approximately 6 hours, so although I plan to include water dense food like cucumber in her food for this journey I think it's best I have a water source too. Any thoughts on this are appreciated

Last edited:

ShanCaz

Jul 21, 2022
Parrots
Sun Conure
Green Cheek Conure
For no spills, we is usually use these. Our birds are able to use it just fine. The water sits on the outside of the cage and the nozzle is pointed inside. You may get wet setting it up, I know I sometimes spill water because the nozzle can be somewhat sensitive when placing it between the bars. Youā€™ll still need to wash it properly when you get home or whenever you can though. Bacteria can easily grow on water bottles if you donā€™t :)

Iā€™ve seen other water bottles for birds but I canā€™t tell you how well they work. You would look at reviews and do some research on what is best for your set up!

OP
Ninjina93

Ninjina93

Jan 21, 2022
For no spills, we is usually use these. Our birds are able to use it just fine. The water sits on the outside of the cage and the nozzle is pointed inside. You may get wet setting it up, I know I sometimes spill water because the nozzle can be somewhat sensitive when placing it between the bars. Youā€™ll still need to wash it properly when you get home or whenever you can though. Bacteria can easily grow on water bottles if you donā€™t :)

Iā€™ve seen other water bottles for birds but I canā€™t tell you how well they work. You would look at reviews and do some research on what is best for your set up!

Thanks so much!!! Even if I can't get this exact one, I have a visual of what to look for now. So far I hadn't seen one that looked like this but now I'll be on the hunt. Very helpful, thankyou šŸ’œ

ShanCaz

Jul 21, 2022
Parrots
Sun Conure
Green Cheek Conure
Thanks so much!!! Even if I can't get this exact one, I have a visual of what to look for now. So far I hadn't seen one that looked like this but now I'll be on the hunt. Very helpful, thank you šŸ’œ
Of course! I saw unopened packages of the Living Things water bottle on eBay if you want to that consider too! From what Iā€™m seeing, it has five stars on most platforms.
Have fun and stay safe on your trip BTW :D

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Not into water bottles as they are prone to developing bacteria and being a pain to clean well.

Short trips, provide water in a bowl only when the auto is sitting for a break or upon arrival. Long trips, provide fruit or fruit slices.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Not into water bottles as they are prone to developing bacteria and being a pain to clean well.

Short trips, provide water in a bowl only when the auto is sitting for a break or upon arrival. Long trips, provide fruit or fruit slices.
Exactly, most parrots won't drink while car is motion . Apple slice ot applesauce are an option.

But it's best to take a break hourly and offer water in a dish then.

In a 3 hr car trip to me, Pikachu already had bright yellow urine indicating dehydration. ( pictures shared with veterinarian and confirmed) . When I saw on way home, we stopped and offered water she drank a fair bit. When we stopped an hour later she drank more. Resolved by next day.

BananaBirdLover

Jun 18, 2023
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon

Hey there! The link is broken. Possible to relink?

Most Reactions