ParrotForums.com Site Upgrade!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 6, 2009
August 11th 2021
---------------------

We will be upgrading Parrot Forums to an entire new software platform that will offer many new features and much better support in the future. Unfortunately the current software we use is no longer supported.

The new forum is built from the ground up to fully support mobile devices and provide a much better viewing experience. We'll also be moving the site to a faster server running HTTPS for better security.

We'll do our best to keep a similar look and feel as the old site. If there is something you are missing from the old site or you are having problems, please let us know! It will take us a few days to iron out all of the bugs.

Thanks!
ParrotForums.com

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
If you are reading this message you are on the new server! It will take us a while to get everything fixed so please bear with us!
WOW! My eyes popped out of my head when I saw this lol..Gonna take time to get used to! Congrats on a nice job!

Jim

OP
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 6, 2009
One of the best features about the new software is the ability to upload photos directly from your phone or drag and drop images from your desktop computer to the message box!

and also we have emojis now! :cool:👌🦜

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
August 11th 2021
---------------------

We will be upgrading Parrot Forums to an entire new software platform that will offer many new features and much better support in the future. Unfortunately the current software we use is no longer supported.

The new forum is built from the ground up to fully support mobile devices and provide a much better viewing experience. We'll also be moving the site to a faster server running HTTPS for better security.

We'll do our best to keep a similar look and feel as the old site. If there is something you are missing from the old site or you are having problems, please let us know! It will take us a few days to iron out all of the bugs.

Thanks!
ParrotForums.com
I like the new look! It's much easier to read and much less busy. One thing that I miss, though, is the listing of the particularly relevant forum next to each post (eg. Training, Cockatoos, Off Topic etc). I usually scan for forums I'm interested in, so I miss those listings. Otherwise, yeah! It's all good! :)

OP
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 6, 2009
I like the new look! It's much easier to read and much less busy. One thing that I miss, though, is the listing of the particularly relevant forum next to each post (eg. Training, Cockatoos, Off Topic etc). I usually scan for forums I'm interested in, so I miss those listings. Otherwise, yeah! It's all good! :)

What page are you looking at that you aren't seeing this on? Can you post a URL?

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I spent today morning on looking what's new and what's deleted;)
(this post isn't current. I've already found where are the private messages and can't find the delate option:p)

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I spent today morning on looking what's new and what's deleted;)
I was looking for private messages but it looks like we can't send 'em any longer? We still can send messages but I see only the public option, which hadn't been before. I'm ok with that, but I'm a bit suprised.
btw Am I the only one, who thinks that now the forum is a bit simillar to Facebook?
You can still send private messages, Roz, they're just called "Conversations" now :) Just click on the profile of the member you'd like to send a message to, and you'll see a box labelled "Start Conversation" along the bottom, and you can just take it from there :)

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
You can still send private messages, Roz, they're just called "Conversations" now :) Just click on the profile of the member you'd like to send a message to, and you'll see a box labelled "Start Conversation" along the bottom, and you can just take it from there :)
Haha you were writing it when I was editing my post :) Accidentally I clicked the envelope and found them:D But thanks anyway;)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
The first thing which I thought after visiting the forum: Oh, wow.
New emojis are fine, but there is just one parrot🦜
Parrot emojis from old forum have flown to the new, listed under "parrot smilies." Thanks for your patience!

Most Reactions

Latest posts