Parrots in Danger in Florida! D:

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Mtdoramike, did you see this? Maybe you could sign up for a foster bird to try out your macaw. Looks like there's a bunch available.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Mtdoramike, did you see this? Maybe you could sign up for a foster bird to try out your macaw. Looks like there's a bunch available.

I have emailed them and called them numerous time in the past and never heard a word from them.

I can't believe they made the statement that $200.00 was more than they could re-home them for is a crock. If you check their website, they charge like $350.00 and up for an Amazon.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon

I have emailed them and called them numerous time in the past and never heard a word from them.

I would go down there & show them I have bird experience. I would love to have somewhere to go & play w/different birds.

They have programs in hospitals for aids babies. People volunteer just to go in & hold the babies. They call them foster grandparents. You could be a grandparront. lol

W/so many surely an experienced person would be an asset.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Okay, I didn't take the quote as saying they aren't going to see a vet. In fact, earlier in the article they stated a vet would visit the birds and evaluate them. I think he was making the statement about the cost in the hopes that they would get more donations to care for the birds. That's a lot of animals at any one time for any rescue and it's going to be a strain on their resources.

I think he was just trying to get some sympathy donations.

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
1 Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure: Cody <3
Exactly, I didn't get from the article that they weren't going to treat the birds either. They were just stressing the need of people to donate as the costs for the vets were going to be high.

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
I wish I was in the area, I might consider getting one of the green cheeks....

Most Reactions

Latest posts