Parrots missing in Wahiawa HI

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
What a terribly shocking event, Dani. I hope your efforts are quickly rewarded and your babies are safely returned.

amjokai

Apr 19, 2014
Wahiawa, Oahu, Hawaii
Parrots
Eclectus, Blue and Gold Macaw, Cockatiels, Ringnecks, Green Cheek Conure
We will be posting the flyer I made for dani tomorrow at some local pet stores. It's a huge mess! I don't understand how someone would literally walk into a brick walled extension of a home and just let someone birds out. It makes me sick. We are watching craigslist and parrot groups but we haven't heard anything. If they are flying free somewhere the ringnecks have a chance of survival since there are thousands of feral ringnecks in our area (a beautiful sight to see) but since the female is lutino she will have to fight hard to be accepted into a flock. The cockatiels and green cheek on the other hand won't last long so we are praying for someone to find them.

One of the birds was clipped and we can not believe we have gone more than 24 hours without a word about anyone finding them. I am starting to think theft BUT it seems it would've been easier to yake all the birds from one cage instead of 6 birds out of 3 cages.

Dani and I are both extremely emotionally invested in each other's flocks so this hurts very badly and we completely appreciate any and all information leading up to finding any of the birds. It is still early and we are optimistic that someone will find and return at least some of Danis birds!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Thank you everyone. They went missing on 5 June. I have heard from one person who thinks he may have sighted the ringnecks, including the female! He says he has a yellow bird hanging around with the flock he feeds, but he think it may be a previous yellow bird that he just hasnt seen for a while. The other possibility is that the previous yellow bird being in the flock helped them accept this new one, who could be my Lee. Sadly, no word at all on any of the others through any of the outlets, facebook, craigslist, humane society, vets, pet stores, fliers, police, internet forums... but my heart has been warmed by the support I have received. At first I thought it might have been a prank or kids messing around, but a week later with no word on six escaped birds... well, I have helped recover enough birds to know that I should have found SOMETHING on ONE of them by now; theft seems the only logical answer, especially as Lacey was clipped. My heart hurts, I feel like I'm living in a nightmare. My only consolation is that if they were stolen, they are most likely at least being fed and watered, and are not out there facing the elements alone. Again, thank you everyone.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks for the update Dani. My heart breaks for you when I read this :(. I am so sorry.

Giggleagain

Jul 5, 2014
Media
Missouri
Parrots
All my rescues: Pepita, Rocky and Eva, my Quaker Parrots Clover and Sweet Pea, YNA Willie Buttons, and TAG Coca.
I am so sorry about your loss and hurt Dani, I was sure there would be some good news to read here today. This sounds so much like theft... I just don't think it's possible that all your birds have just "disappeared" and that nobody has seen them. It just isn't logical. Not one thing about their disappearance makes sense.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Aww man.
People just aren't very nice. Sorry that this happened.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Dani, I've just read your last update and I am so very sorry for your loss and the pain you're going through. It's hard to believe people can be so cruel. I hope wherever they are, your babies are being taken care of.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Dani, I am so sorry they still haven't been found. Still praying that they are being taken care of and that they are returned to you soon.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Oh no, Dani. Just seeing this thread! I am so sorry members of your flock have been stolen! Were you ever able to check out the possible sighting of Lee?

I'll keep you and he lost members of your flock in my prayers. Birds have been missing for even longer than this and still found their way back home.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
It does sound like bird theft.

How many places around you are there that stock parrot food?

I'm thinking if someone suddenly comes in looking for cages/food/information on your birds... you might make a new "friend" and in the process, find a few of your old ones?!

Wishful thinking maybe, but someone's got them... probably a kid/teenager.

Get the word out with other teenagers in the area. Maybe someone talks...

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
If we were in my home state of South Dakota, that would be a great plan, but this is a tropical island with 400,000 military and DOD personnel and their families rotating in and out, and when they get here many want an exotic pet, like a parrot. Cockatiels and conures sell off the shelves of pet stores like candy, and IRNs are very popular even though they cannot be sold in pet stores. There are at least four stores in the small town right next to me where you could buy cages and food, not to mention the rest of the island :(

Most Reactions