Parrots & Resin 3D Printing

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hi everyone,

I have a couple questions in terms of fumes. I recently got a resin 3D printer and have it set up in my basement. It is liquid SLA resin, not resin that the printer has to melt. You canā€™t smell the fumes on the first floor, which is where my Quaker is. (I was using it before I got him) Iā€™m wondering if it is still ok to use it in the house like that? If it isnā€™t I can move it to the garage, itā€™s just itā€™s more convenient inside lol.

Secondly, is a gas fireplace ok on the same level, but across the house? Itā€™s a vented natural gas fireplace- no real logs.

Thanks for any help :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I have never believed in running a 3D printer or resin 3D printer in my home. Likely because when we specified such a product for our business the installation instruction specified venting to the great outdoors. It is very possible that new technology has come a longways, but at the same time, so have home sealing from air leaks. Long story short, home do not exchange air as fast as they once did. Long way to say: Vent it or move it.

If your in home Gas-fired, fireplace has a sealed burn chamber i.e. there is a sealed glass front they are safe.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
I have never believed in running a 3D printer or resin 3D printer in my home. Likely because when we specified such a product for our business the installation instruction specified venting to the great outdoors. It is very possible that new technology has come a longways, but at the same time, so have home sealing from air leaks. Long story short, home do not exchange air as fast as they once did. Long way to say: Vent it or move it.

If your in home Gas-fired, fireplace has a sealed burn chamber i.e. there is a sealed glass front they are safe.
Thanks for the opinion! Iā€™m not sure if mine specifies that- Iā€™ll check the instruction manual but for now Iā€™ll just leave it be until I can figure out something or move it.

Itā€™s gas fired but no glass front unfortunately.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Place it on the long list of projects! New Tech, Gas Fired fireplaces are more efficient and will use less gas! But other then looks, they are expensive to use as a heat source!

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Place it on the long list of projects! New Tech, Gas Fired fireplaces are more efficient and will use less gas! But other then looks, they are expensive to use as a heat source!
Probably not in this house šŸ˜… We would like to move soonish (next few years) and the fireplace is original to the house I believe. (1940s) We only occasionally use it during the winter as a supplementary source for the evenings.

Most Reactions

Latest posts