Part Sun?

lkane12673

Feb 10, 2023
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
My bird is so loud! I feel like she must be part Sun Conure. She is 7 months old and I’ve had her 2 weeks. She will not let me touch her. She is constantly screaming and chattering while fly/hopping around the cage. Any advice? Will she quiet down eventually?
B5E42284-1311-4D52-865E-D0681305EC21.jpeg

Last edited:

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Well two weeks isn’t long enough to start expecting results from a parrot.
She looks like a yellow-sided green cheek conure.
It can take several months or longer to tame a bird.
Is she screaming all the time or just when she can’t see you are you’re not in the room?
Give her plenty of toys to play with so she’s not bored, it can help curb screaming a bit.

OP
lkane12673

lkane12673

Feb 10, 2023
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Well two weeks isn’t long enough to start expecting results from a parrot.
She looks like a yellow-sided green cheek conure.
It can take several months or longer to tame a bird.
Is she screaming all the time or just when she can’t see you are you’re not in the room?
Give her plenty of toys to play with so she’s not bored, it can help curb screaming a bit.
She screams regardless of if I’m in the room or not. She does stop occasionally to eat and play with toys. But I’d say she is screaming 75% of the time.

I was sort of being sarcastic about her being part Sun just because she’s so loud. I’m pretty sure she’s a yellow sided red factor.

She’s my second GCC and my first one was very quiet. He only whistled and said the words he knew.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Yeah, yellow sided green cheeked conure

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
She screams regardless of if I’m in the room or not. She does stop occasionally to eat and play with toys. But I’d say she is screaming 75% of the time.

I was sort of being sarcastic about her being part Sun just because she’s so loud. I’m pretty sure she’s a yellow sided red factor.

She’s my second GCC and my first one was very quiet. He only whistled and said the words he knew.
I figured!
I’ve heard other people say they had loud GCC, my GCC Tom is very quiet.
She could be nervous in the new environment and perhaps the screaming will lessen over time.

OP
lkane12673

lkane12673

Feb 10, 2023
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
I figured!
I’ve heard other people say they had loud GCC, my GCC Tom is very quiet.
She could be nervous in the new environment and perhaps the screaming will lessen over time.
I hope so. My family is annoyed. When she starts up I start talking softly or whistling to her.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
You could try hiding treats in her toys, a few seeds and bits of millet, it would occupy her for a least a few minutes.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
My bird is so loud! I feel like she must be part Sun Conure. She is 7 months old and I’ve had her 2 weeks. She will not let me touch her. She is constantly screaming and chattering while fly/hopping around the cage. Any advice? Will she quiet down eventually?View attachment 47708
unrelated but I am jealous you have a gcc

Most Reactions

Latest posts