INDI

Sep 12, 2011
Media
Port Elliot, S.A. - Australia
Parrots
INDIAN RINGNECK-Haro
&
KAKARIKI - Tiki
OK Guys...so I have mentioned it a few times now , for all you Parrot lovers, comes a lovely parrot family movie......I watched a movie called PAULIE the other day with my kids, & I was the one who ended up crying....more like a tug at the heartstrings, & that annoying achy lump in the throat, but its a happy lump...I have always loved movies with animals in them, & this movie is one of my favs..besides the movie MARLEY & ME...You want to cry like a fountain??watch that...
Anyway PAULIE a blue crowned conure is about a little bird, with a big personality, who sets out to find the girl who raised him.He discovers his way with words, has a way of getting him in trouble. But as fast as he can talk himself into a fix, he finds his gift of gab,a heart full of hope, & an odd bunch of human friends can help him realise his most important dream...to be home at last..
This is a great movie, for all of you that havent seen it...watch it...its on DVD & was made in 1998.
Enjoy
Thanks
Kristy
:D:(:D:(:D:(:D

Last edited:

BirdieNumNum

Oct 19, 2011
NY/NJ
Parrots
1 Pineapple GCC
2 Cockatiels
2 Budgies
Awww it looks like such a cute movie!! When I first heard of it I thought it was a black and white movie because I thought it was super old, and I really don't like black and white movies. But looks like I will be watching it as soon as I find the time and the movie!

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I want to see Paulie sometime, should check out the ones you posted too Auggies dad. And oh yeah, marley and me made me cry up a storm! And not an animal movie, but if I want a real good cry, The Notebook will do it everytime!

Last edited:

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I bought the DVD some years back, and I watch it at least twice every year... Absolutely love it.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
I used to watch that movie all the time when it came out I was just a kid, and I loved it! I should rent it again!

osnyder

Sep 26, 2011
Philadelphia
Parrots
Stitch the Blue Crown Conure
The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill is one of my favorite movies, ever. I've seen it so many times. The book is also wonderful-- I read it this past Spring. You learn a lot more about Mark Bittner and his personal journey. Such an extraordinary person.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I've seen all the movies listed when they first came out. The cutest one was Paulie!

The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill was very moving!!!!

OP
INDI

INDI

Sep 12, 2011
Media
Port Elliot, S.A. - Australia
Parrots
INDIAN RINGNECK-Haro
&
KAKARIKI - Tiki
I think i must get The wild parrots of telegraph hill....i love those heartwarming movies...thanks for the recommendation...

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Geesh, this thread made me go to evilbay and I purchased both, Paulie and The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill.

I can't WAIT to see them!

Toni

JensFlock

Jul 31, 2011
South Carolina
Parrots
Eclectus,
Blue Crowned Conure,
Quaker,
Lineolated Parakeet,
Diamond Dove,
Star Finch,
Spice Finch
I have a copy of Paulie, and since I have a blue crown that looks just like him, we watch it together.
I love that movie!!! It makes me cry (in a good way) every time.

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
Paulie is a Blue Crown Conure, and also "Connor" from telegraph hill was a blue crown...

Most Reactions

Latest posts