Peace at Last..

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
9Cz9H1c.jpg

Just had to share!

My partner let Cairo out for most of the afternoon today (the haze was manageable outside, so inside it was safe for Cairo to exercise). So when I got back from work, these two were a bit tuckered out.

Cairo insists on napping on my partner, even though his chest moves up and down with each breath. He absolutely doesn't want to budge. And my partner sometimes twitches in his sleep, but Cairo just peeps his eyes open to check on him, then goes back to sleep.

They've always been like that - if my partner naps, Cairo naps. If I nap, well, Cairo couldn't care less! It works out, so I stay up to keep an eye on the two of them to make sure nobody squishes the other.

After weeks of craziness (my partner almost reaching his wit's end), we've finally reached this.

6 days of no TOPs; 5 days of a calmer and happier Cairo.

We've still got some training issues and puberty in general, but no more dive bombing or extreme aggression. Just contextual reactions we can work on together slowly. I'm hoping it lasts.

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
Nice to read! Enjoy the quiet moments. My birds enjoy napping on me :p

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Great pic. I know I've mentioned it before but I've never seen Nike with her eyes closed. My previous Amazon would tuck his beak into his shoulder and nap all the time, Nike, never.

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
So glad Cairo is doing better, a napping bird is always a good bird. My macaw is the same way, he'll nap when I nap... Till he decides nap time is over and climbs down for attention. lol

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Yes!!!! Peace at Last is the perfect caption for that photo. I'm so glad that things seem to be settling so well between them, now.

Chances are the pellets were amping him up a bit, then. 6 days off them and 5 days of calmer behavior seems a pretty strong case. Not yet completely conclusive, but definitely likely.

Great pic. I know I've mentioned it before but I've never seen Nike with her eyes closed. My previous Amazon would tuck his beak into his shoulder and nap all the time, Nike, never.

Hahahahaha! The same is true of me and Maya. I've never seen her close her eyes. Not once in the years I've had her! She is always either interacting with me or staring intently at me in anticipation of interacting with me. Lol!

Jolly I've seen sleep, but only rarely. Bixby and Suzie, on the other hand, used to fall asleep on me all the time.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Aww...Love this! :heart:

Levi loves to perch on Daddy's belly in the evenings when he's watching TV.

Most Reactions