Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Charlie, my 23 yr old Peach front, has started sleeping in a weird position. He sleeps on a perch, perching, but rests his head against the perch next to him, so he's looking like he's sleeping horizontally. He doesn't seem to be in pain or discomfort otherwise. He's his happy, talkative self and seems quite content.

Is Charlie just a weird bird or should I be really concerned and plan for a vet trip?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Charlie, my 23 yr old Peach front, has started sleeping in a weird position. He sleeps on a perch, perching, but rests his head against the perch next to him, so he's looking like he's sleeping horizontally. He doesn't seem to be in pain or discomfort otherwise. He's his happy, talkative self and seems quite content.

Is Charlie just a weird bird or should I be really concerned and plan for a vet trip?

I would love to see a picture of Charlie in this weird sleeping position.

OP
Vampiric_Conure

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I would love to see a picture of Charlie in this weird sleeping position.
Here's a pic of the boy. I'm sorry for the dark picture... I tried lightening it up quite a bit.
Charlie sleeps weird_june 8 2023.jpeg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
It's hard to tell from the dark picture but if you turned the lights up he would wake up and you'd miss the shot. As long as he acts normal when he's awake he's probably fine.

Most Reactions

Latest posts