Pekingese level sass

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
for those of you who haven't gotten to experience Pekingese level sass and stubbornness.

May i share Alfie. I trained him as a pup to go outside for potty and get a treat when he comes back in . 13 years later.... he only comes back in for a treat. Pouring rain, no treat, sits calmly with back to door. He and I play all sorts of mind games over this.

I hope you can clearly see the sass...the first picture is checking. Do I have a treat?

The second is his clear Nope, not coming in then

( give me a second on picture) ahh well it was funny st the time, if I ever free up pic space will stick in tge pictures

Last edited:

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
As someone who has a pekingese, I know what you mean. Willie does not leave the porch if it is raining or snowing! He did find out that no potty means no treat. His solution? He started peeing on the porch.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Aww Pekingese are the best! To funny that Willie is a stickler for the treat policy too! I'm out of picture storage, but feel free to share a picture of yours.

Alfie is a gentleman, and really great dog. He is also so cat like. He gets up on my side tables to nap. If there is stuff on my table he looks me right in the eye and swipes it off with his paw!!

Does yours get on tables?

He is very sweet and loves to snuggle. If I ever cry he comes to sit with me. If things go bump in the night he patrols with me. When I take a shower he must guard me. He has such quiet calmness.

But the sass/stubbornness!

He looks a lot( a twin) like the dog in this picture, but even more beautiful in my opinion. Alfie has one blue star in his left eye. Unlike some of the descriptions, he is great with kids, loves everyone he meets.
This part if the description is spot on tho!
" Difficult Training: A Pekingese considers itself to be its own boss (if not the king of the house), but it can be trained through positive reinforcement. Patience is required when training the Pekingese."
https://www.dogbreedslist.info/all-dog-breeds/Pekingese.html

"The Pekingese received its name from the ancient city of Peking, which is now called Beijing. They were considered sacred dogs regarded as a legendary Foo Dog that drove away spirits. They could only be owned by Chinese royalty and were regarded as semi-divine and if you stole one of these dogs you were put to death. People without noble rank had to bow to them. " I dont think they have ever forgotten this!

I got him on valentine's day! From a lady who has gotten him at 4 weeks and was tired of trying to housebreaking him. A 4 week old unweaned puppy can't hold their pee for an 8 hour works day plus ! felt bad for keeping him in a crate 14 hours a day! I got him at 7- 8 weeks old.. He potty trained quickly for me but the required a treat , and still does to this day!

Last edited:

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
How can I not share pics.
When we first got him he had to be shaved due to the sheer about of mats in his fur. Now he gets regular brushing so he won't get mats again.
Also, look at that picture of him in the hole he dug, he looks proud of his hole.
c08f5bfc54a1d4f90dd8c681dfa5b6df.jpg
7f00651b4e249d97e4f2245f40efd3ba.jpg
8dbcc48d185f1d2c1f4118f98a4e909d.jpg
099863283fd819a3eae380b92b91ac08.jpg

Willie does climb on tables, but his favorite spot to nap in the ba k of the couch. He'll use the tables to get there because for some reason he just doesn't want to jump on the couch even though they are roughly the same hight.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
How can I not share pics.
When we first got him he had to be shaved due to the sheer about of mats in his fur. Now he gets regular brushing so he won't get mats again.
Also, look at that picture of him in the hole he dug, he looks proud of his hole.
c08f5bfc54a1d4f90dd8c681dfa5b6df.jpg
7f00651b4e249d97e4f2245f40efd3ba.jpg
8dbcc48d185f1d2c1f4118f98a4e909d.jpg
099863283fd819a3eae380b92b91ac08.jpg

Willie does climb on tables, but his favorite spot to nap in the ba k of the couch. He'll use the tables to get there because for some reason he just doesn't want to jump on the couch even though they are roughly the same hight.

I love him!!!
He and Alfie are now brothers!!!!
Thank you for sharing these pictures!!! I csn " see" his personality!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts