Pellet brand

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
I don't know which is considered good, but I can tell you what my CAG's like.
My male CAG likes Psittacus pellets, and my female will only eat Nutri Bird P15 Tropical.

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
There is no specific bird food specially made for African Greys to my knowledge. There are many brands of pelleted food on the market that are good for all birds. Check the ingredients and decide for yourself which one you think is best.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Harrison's has one for Greys. I use the High Potency Coarse.

KBEquine

May 19, 2011
South-central PA
Parrots
From little to big - currently 6 Linnies; 2 Budgies; 1 BHP; 2 CAGs; 2 Zons; 1 GWM. Formerly in the flock: 1 LSC2 [fostered/rehomed] RIP: 1 budgie 1 WCP & 1 sweet Pan Am
Actually, there are foods made specifically for Greys. My neighbor just gave me a bag of Pretty Bird Species Specific for Greys & Conures (don't know why those 2 are even alike, but I think it might be because it is higher in calcium).

But to answer the original question - I mostly feed the Harrison's High Potency Coarse Pellets to all our birds, along with a lot of fresh veg. And other things (nuts, seeds & fruit) for treats.

chadwick

Nov 7, 2011
Parrots
Yellow Collared Macaw
harrisons description of high potency course reads Year-round formula for all medium to large parrots, especially African greys, cockatoos, large conures, eclectus, macaws and pionus. Other species may be switched to Adult Lifetime Formula after a 6 month conversion period....

Most Reactions