pellet foods

jpm252cc

Feb 3, 2016
hello how does lafeber pellets stack up to zoopreem and roudy bush we currently use zoopreem natural cockatiel size for our conures two eat them but not alot one not at all. also we have tried roudy bush mini and only one eats them but not alot. we want to keep trying to feed them the pellets but wanted to now if lafeber is any good. they also always get other cooked foods and vegtables etccc.... any help would be great thanks

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Some say that any pellet they will eat is a good pellet. I'll not 100% in that league. My position is a tiny bit different: Any non-color added pellet they will eat is a good pellet.

For my Amazon, I find that Harrisons or TOPS is my preference for that part of the dry food diet.

Snapdragon

Dec 26, 2019
Everett, WA
Parrots
Tashi, almost-2-year-old female moustache parakeet, Indian subspecies (Psittacula alexandri fasciata)
Roudybush is fine. I'm not impressed with Zupreem. TOP's is one of the best out there, but it's very polarizing: parrots either love it or would rather starve to death than touch it. My Tashi falls into the latter category.

You might take a look at Caitec's Oven Fresh Bites. They're VERY palatable -- one of my coworkers tasted them and said they'd make a great breakfast cereal if you added a bit of salt and sugar -- and they smell like gingerbread. My little girl LOVES them and begs for them. I work at a parrot shop, and we consider them to be the second-best pellet we carry, after TOP's. Everybody I've turned onto Oven Fresh Bites comes back raving about how much their bird loves them. Tip: If your bird likes them, you can save money by getting the largest pellets and breaking them in half or crushing them, depending on the size you want.

Here's how we rank the pellets we carry in terms of ingredient quality where I work. (Note that we do NOT recommend pellets with added color.) They're fairly readily available in the United States.

TOP's
Oven Fresh Bites (#1 for palatability)
Harrison's
Roudybush
Zupreem
Kaytee

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
oven fresh bites have a good ingredient list, mine like them too.
Roudybush goes rancid fast and all thst peanut in its ingredient list.
Tops is super great. But mine only like when first opened, I've tried freezing nope don't like, I've tried storage container...plus a lot if crumble waste.
Best for me is oven fresh bites, they eat, and less waste. Abd zooprem gets eaten and not wasted.
Harrison i had a lot of waste and uts expensive, but it was liked well enough.

I push fresh vegetables hard in my house, and they eat them

Most Reactions

Latest posts