Pellets change color of poop? Help

Niya567765

Sep 23, 2023
Parrots
2 budgies
I've started feeding my budgie the "Zupreme pellets for small birds" and now her poop is light brown, soft and has a bit of white in the middle. Is this a cause for concern? Her buddy just died as well so i hope it's not the food causing death. Pellets is the only thing she's currently eating, I'm ordering seeds on Amazon now.

Im very worried about her health. My cockatiel is also eating these pellets and I haven't seen the big chunks of poop she usually does....

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Not a good choice as colored pellets can affect the color of the Poop and one could be running to the Vet's office in the early morning because of the color!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Zupreem pellet’s definitely effect poop color.
Lots of things that are natural will do it.
blue berries
black berries
spectacular poop’s for sure.

OP
Niya567765

Niya567765

Sep 23, 2023
Parrots
2 budgies
Not a good choice as colored pellets can affect the color of the Poop and one could be running to the Vet's office in the early morning because of the color!
She's not eating the colored ones. She eats the natural brown ones

OP
Niya567765

Niya567765

Sep 23, 2023
Parrots
2 budgies
blue berries
black berries
Thank you

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
I've started feeding my budgie the "Zupreme pellets for small birds" and now her poop is light brown, soft and has a bit of white in the middle. Is this a cause for concern? Her buddy just died as well so i hope it's not the food causing death. Pellets is the only thing she's currently eating, I'm ordering seeds on Amazon now.

Im very worried about her health. My cockatiel is also eating these pellets and I haven't seen the big chunks of poop she usually does....
i think she is fine, i change my bird to pellets and her poop turned light brown. i have read that it is completely normal for that to happen. but if u see something else abnormal, maybe check with ur vet😊

OP
Niya567765

Niya567765

Sep 23, 2023
Parrots
2 budgies
i think she is fine, i change my bird to pellets and her poop turned light brown. i have read that it is completely normal for that to happen. but if u see something else abnormal, maybe check with ur vet😊
Thank you. It's good to know that the food is not causing more problems.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
blue berries
black berries
Any pellets (instead of seed) change the birds poop to resemble the color of the pellets. Mostly the poops turn more brownish-tan instead of green.

Most Reactions

Latest posts