Pellets changing pellets

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello
Thank you Parrot Forum, the post and replies are priceless:)
I am planning to change pellets for Moses from Zupreen to TOPS. Is there any special TOPS Pellet to use with Eclectus?
Do you need to follow special procedure in changing pellets like you would say for a dog?
Can i just change the pellets immediately?
thank you all:)
Larry and Moses :)

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hello
Thank you Parrot Forum, the post and replies are priceless:)
I am planning to change pellets for Moses from Zupreen to TOPS. Is there any special TOPS Pellet to use with Eclectus?
Do you need to follow special procedure in changing pellets like you would say for a dog?
Can i just change the pellets immediately?
thank you all:)
Larry and Moses :)
Since your bird is larger he'll probably like the large pellets in the gold bag, they make smaller sizes though, small and mini.
You have to be very careful when switching foods with birds, while doing so you need to weigh him every day to make sure he isn't loosing weight.
Offer them to him, a small portion and just see what he does, still provide the Zupreem pellets.
Once you're sure he's eating TOPs mix Zupreem in with them, decrease them until they are no longer present in his bowl, say two weeks later.
I can't stress how important weighing him is in this period though.

Hope this helps 😊

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Since your bird is larger he'll probably like the large pellets in the gold bag, they make smaller sizes though, small and mini.
You have to be very careful when switching foods with birds, while doing so you need to weigh him every day to make sure he isn't loosing weight.
Offer them to him, a small portion and just see what he does, still provide the Zupreem pellets.
Once you're sure he's eating TOPs mix Zupreem in with them, decrease them until they are no longer present in his bowl, say two weeks later.
I can't stress how important weighing him is in this period though.

Hope this helps 😊
Hello and Thank you:)
That sounds like a good plan for me and Mo :)
Stay well and God Bless
Larry

Most Reactions

Latest posts