Perch brands?

JulietRose

Oct 6, 2022
Parrots
Two Parakeets
Iā€™m getting a Quaker parrot soon (I was going to get an Alexandrine, but I decided against it) and Iā€™ve been having a hard time finding natural branch perches big enough. Does anyone know a good brand of perches (to big is better than to small) that is affordable? :)

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Iā€™m getting a Quaker parrot soon (I was going to get an Alexandrine, but I decided against it) and Iā€™ve been having a hard time finding natural branch perches big enough. Does anyone know a good brand of perches (to big is better than to small) that is affordable? :)
Not a specific brand but a good place to buy them is MYSAFEBIRDSTORE.COM
The link isn't working but just search that and it'll come up.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
MYSAFEBIRDSTORE is great!

I really recommend getting those nail-trimming perches... they can eliminate nail-trimming, which was always so stressful for me and the Rb. It took a few years, but I eventually established a pattern/rotation that keeps him trimmed. I haven't had to do his nails in 20-plus years. I keep a dowel as the main "highway" down the middle of the cage, but the special cement/trimmer/textured perches are all over.
A few brands... but there are many: Polly's Sand Walk... Pumice Perch... Trimmer Perch...
Be sure to introduce them gradually: they're abrasive to their tender feet at first. I LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are smooth on top and abrasive underneath. Very easy to install/clean, too.
May take a while to get the right combinations/locations, but was worth it for me and the Rb.

Most Reactions

Latest posts