Perch Recommendations?

rosiepaco

Mar 24, 2022
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
Hi gang, my IRN parrot Rosie has Bumblefoot again:(
Weā€™ve successfully treated it before so thatā€™s not the problem but I definitely think I need to get better perches for her!

Iā€™d really appreciate some recommendations. She likes to sleep on her rope swing so Iā€™d appreciate some rope perch recommendations too that are suitable for this size of parrot.

Thank you! :)

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
I think my best recommendation is natural perches, they're bumpy and so they prevent bumblefoot.
You can also make handmade ones you can pick some branches but you have to make sure they're from this list
Pine52-53Relatively softer wood, especially when cut across the grain. Makes great medium sized bird toys.
Balsa7-9Extremely soft wood that is excellent for small bird toys.
Birch42 +/-Moderately soft wood for small to medium bird toys
Basswood20-37Moderately soft wood that is excellent for small to medium bird toys.
Poplar22-31Moderately soft wood that is excellent for small to medium bird toys.
Maple39-47Moderately soft wood that is excellent for medium to large bird toys.
Walnut40-43 Moderately soft wood that is excellent for medium to large bird toys.
Ash33-53 Moderately soft wood that is excellent for small to larger bird toys.
Apple41-52 Moderately soft wood that is excellent for medium to large bird toys.
Elm35-50 Moderately soft wood that is excellent for small to larger bird toys.
Cactus (cholla) Very soft bird wood with cavities that make good small bird toys, bird perches
Manzanita Very hardwood best for very large bird toys and
credit: //birdsupplies.com

and after you pick the branches clean them.

OP
R

rosiepaco

Mar 24, 2022
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
I think my best recommendation is natural perches, they're bumpy and so they prevent bumblefoot.
You can also make handmade ones you can pick some branches but you have to make sure they're from this list
Pine52-53Relatively softer wood, especially when cut across the grain. Makes great medium sized bird toys.
Basswood20-37Moderately soft wood that is excellent for small to medium bird toys.
Poplar22-31Moderately soft wood that is excellent for small to medium bird toys.
Walnut40-43 Moderately soft wood that is excellent for medium to large bird toys.
Apple41-52 Moderately soft wood that is excellent for medium to large bird toys.
Cactus (cholla)Very soft bird wood with cavities that make good small bird toys, bird perches
ManzanitaVery hardwood best for very large bird toys and

Cactus (cholla)Very soft bird wood with cavities that make good small bird toys, bird perches
ManzanitaVery hardwood best for very large bird toys and

Thank you so much this info is really helpful! :)

TaylorLincoln99

Sep 7, 2022
Media
Parrots
Fiona (Indian Ringneck)
Hi gang, my IRN parrot Rosie has Bumblefoot again:(
Weā€™ve successfully treated it before so thatā€™s not the problem but I definitely think I need to get better perches for her!

Iā€™d really appreciate some recommendations. She likes to sleep on her rope swing so Iā€™d appreciate some rope perch recommendations too that are suitable for this size of parrot.

Thank you! :)
Hello! I just adopted an IRN and she loves her bottlebrush perch that I found on Amazon. I ordered the small one and it has 4-5 smaller branches coming off of it so she has a few different diameters to choose from.

OP
R

rosiepaco

Mar 24, 2022
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
Hello! I just adopted an IRN and she loves her bottlebrush perch that I found on Amazon. I ordered the small one and it has 4-5 smaller branches coming off of it so she has a few different diameters to choose from.
Ah thank you! I live in the UK so was confused looking it up on Amazon and all I got was bottle cleaners šŸ˜‚ but I found it on US Amazon so found something similar on a UK site!

Most Reactions