Perches

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello,
Talaya gave me good advice on wooden perches.
Any advice as to where to buy safe wooden perches for Moses?
I live in central florida and i do not trust the scrub oaks and pine trees in the area:(
I live near crystal river in pine ridge and i never saw so many scorpions in the pine trees like here in pine ridge:(
Thank you and God Bless
Larry azflcowboy
ps good news on the Christmas tree decorations - Moses is not interested in the Christmas tree:) Yea

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
Hi, @azflcowboy, I've purchased some of these, from Georgia.

Dragonwood grows in Florida, for sure. Also, bottlebrush wood make great perches. That grows in Florida, too. Please let us know if you find a source for it.

Big Windy, huh? :] I served in the 3rd Infantry Division in the first Gulf War, and I am still Army strong. :]

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Hello,
I live in central florida and i do not trust the scrub oaks and pine trees in the area:(
I live near crystal river in pine ridge and i never saw so many scorpions in the pine trees like here in pine ridge:(
Thank you and God Bless
Larry azflcowboy
ps good news on the Christmas tree decorations - Moses is not interested in the Christmas tree:) Yea
Thank you :)

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Hello,
Thank you and God Bless
Larry azflcowboy
Hello Thank you I just opened their web page :) thank you and God Bless

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Hello,
Thank you and God Bless
Larry azflcowboy
Thank you for advice:)

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots

Dragonwood grows in Florida, for sure. Also, bottlebrush wood make great perches. That grows in Florida, too. Please let us know if you find a source for it.

Big Windy, huh? :] I served in the 3rd Infantry Division in the first Gulf War, and I am still Army strong. :]
Hello and Thank you for your service :) i was in vietnam 52 years ago but sometimes it feels like yesterday, my service dog for my PTSD is in her last days, I am going to my PTSD doctor and going to ask them to make My Moses (solomon Isle Eclectus) my emotion stability partner:) (wish me luck) and to tell the truth Moses does comfort me almost all the time:) sometimes he does act like a parrot but most of the time he is loving:) my wife says whenever i go out of the house he starts speaking in a lovely voice" Where's Daddy? then he will say "I Love you Daddy:)
IMG_20210423_153017.jpg

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots

Hello Thank you again:) I have lived in florida over 50 years and never heard of dragonwood, where shall i find it and how to harvest> hmmm... i will try to find someone who sells or has this :) thank you again :) God Bless

Most Reactions

Latest posts