Picking Up Sinbad Went Great Today!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Well thing couldn't have gone better today! Sinbad cooperated and got in the metal dog crate we got for her. Her previous mama had no issues getting her in. She road well in the van. She was nervous a bit and was pacing back and forth but calmed down quicker then I thought she would.

The vet visit even went well. She got on the perch for the vet but when it came to towling for her clipping she wasn't too pleased. But I wouldn't have been either! He did have to sedate her to take bloods so he decided to clip her nails and wings while sedated so it would be less stressful for her.

We got home and I pulled up her crate to her new cage and gave her a couple of hours to choose to check it out. I fed her a few treats like banana, scrambled eggs and peanuts through the bars of the kennel. She took them gently from my hand.

At about 7:30pm I decided it was time to get her out and put her in her new home. I gave her long enough to do it on her own and I wanted her to finally get settled in. I had the stick her previous mama used to get her out of her cage and she got right on it. She did hop on top of the crate but happily got back on the stick and I got her in her new big home! Boy was I nervous, her beak is definitely intimidating and I am sure I will get used to it real soon! But I tried not to show I was nervous. I was so proud of her for getting in her cage so well! She is now settled down for the night!

Quincy on the other hand was a little wound up once we brought her home. I spent some out of cage time with him in another room so he would calm down a little bit. I think he liked that. Now that the lights are off downstairs. I don't hear anything so I think they both have settled down for the night. What a great day! :D

I am unable to load photos from my camera on my newer laptop and home but I will post photos tomorrow! Thanks for letting me share my wonderful day with all of you!:)

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
YAY :) Sounds like things went very well .Im glad she knows how to use a stick.It will make you more confident with her when she doesnt want to listen . MY favorite things about macaws are the ones with the big white beaks [looks like a big nose to me :)] . Im happy for you. You will have to tell us what she thinks of you :)

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Pink - She seems to really like my voice. I'm able to pet her beak and feed her food. My 6 year old daughter Morgan was able to feed her a piece of banana this morning as well.

Greenwing - I am going to post pictures next on a new thread. So keep your eyes out! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts