Pictures - new ones from the last couple days.

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:04: That brings a whole new meaning to the "Birdie Bread", he looks as if he's enjoying it anyway. :04: I hope you made him eat his crusts,

They are great pics, and its great to "see" ya. :04:

OP
indigo

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
hehe ... yah he mainly chewed the bread up and dropped at least 3/4 of it down my shirt lol. he loves bread though. and it had honey and a bit of butter so he was in serious bliss.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Wow! So cute! :04:

Is he polite enough to wait until you want to share or is he like my Phoebus who decides when I share sth I eat? :D

Last edited:
OP
indigo

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Well, I only offered him some when I was not taking a bite ... at first he is nervous on me, but he is landing on me more and more every day so it is really quite exciting and also really cool. He was really tame before he met Serenity lol and it seems him seeing the babies getting all the love on and attention like that has reminded him what kisses and touches are like (good).

Also, I moved the nest box to the OUTSIDE of their cage and I have figured a way to keep momma and poppa out of it so I can handle the babies without necessarily letting momma and poppa out. This means I will be able to handle the babies allot more. Yeah! They had SUCH a good time yesterday.

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Great pics, indigo ... and progress too!

OP
indigo

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
They are so big and seem to get bigger every day. This morning Jade was eying the entry hole to the nest box. How I have it there is a little door (opens into the cage) and under that (forming a sort of platform) is a rope perch that leads to the side. I figure if he does get adventurous, he won't fall unless he goes too far, but these parents are very attentive.

Most Reactions

Latest posts