Pineapple Conure being aggressive

SamBeben

May 8, 2019
Parrots
African Grey, Moustached Parakeet
Hi all!

We just got a new pineapple conure today and we already have a GCC. The hope was that they would be friends but the pineapple is ruthlessly attacking our GC.
Is there any hope of fixing this or should we return her because of her aggressive behaviour?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sorry that your Thread has been missed. Sadly, it does happen from time to time.
With hope, my Post will place your Thread back up on the Active Threads.

It is never a good idea to place Parrots together 'assuming' that they will get along! The Parrots are being Parrots. If they are not in their own separate cages, please make that happen today!

Who's idea was it that this would be a perfect relationship?

Should you return Pineapple Conure, likely a good idea, but not because of the aggressiveness.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hi
How did you do the introduction??
This can work out when handled carefully. This is not a crazy mean bird , this is fear, a community problems.
They aren't in the same cage are they?!?!?!? If do must have their own cage ASAP!!!

OP
SamBeben

SamBeben

May 8, 2019
Parrots
African Grey, Moustached Parakeet
They are not in the same cage. A little update is that they just had to fight it out (supervised). They are getting along and preening each other!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Well that’s great to hear - intros can be tough. Some of mine tolerate each other, others don’t get along at all, even after time.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I wish you would have quarantined the new bird--- birds can carry illness without appearing sick. Also- you still should be very cautious, as "fighting it out" rarely is a good solution.

Most Reactions