Pionus sounds

20brio19

Jul 9, 2019
Parrots
Blueheaded Pionus-born May 2019
I've been looking at different videos and it seems like every Pionus has its own unique sounds, or perhaps there is a difference for the genders. Mine sounds different too.

I recorded a video, he makes these sounds when he's excited. Sounds kind of like he is mimicking human speech. He usually starts when people are talking next to him.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I've been looking at different videos and it seems like every Pionus has its own unique sounds, or perhaps there is a difference for the genders. Mine sounds different too.

I recorded a video, he makes these sounds when he's excited. Sounds kind of like he is mimicking human speech. He usually starts when people are talking next to him.

He’s totally talking to you! Maybe it will become clearer in time.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
It sounds like he is imitating the sound of a two way radio like a CB.

OP
20brio19

20brio19

Jul 9, 2019
Parrots
Lol well Brian does have a pretty distinct voice. He can say his name pretty well.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Can you listen to the cadence of the “words” and figure out what he’s saying? Jasper Meyers whistles “I love you” and it’s not quite clear spoken but obvious what he’s saying.

P.s. if you ever need a home for your handsome blue headed guy you know who to contact.😁

OP
20brio19

20brio19

Jul 9, 2019
Parrots
Can you listen to the cadence of the “words” and figure out what he’s saying? Jasper Meyers whistles “I love you” and it’s not quite clear spoken but obvious what he’s saying.

P.s. if you ever need a home for your handsome blue headed guy you know who to contact.😁

Thanks! haha. I can kind of hear him say his name during those sentences. Thing is he adresses me with his own given name, so I think he's trying to tell me something during his babble. Still can't understand him, but his body language usually makes it clearer.

Patrick972864

Jun 1, 2023
Parrots
Looking for a bronze wing pionus

That sounds like Roscoe, my old red Lori but louder. She used to whisper sweet nothings to anyone who would let her flip upside down in their hands.
He is beautiful ❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts