Plants that are parrot safe?!?!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Hi everyone, my ekkie for awhile now has been trying to get into all of my house plants. Specifically a palm plant, and a cactus. He bit off a piece of the palm plant. I had to pry it out of his beak as I'm assuming this isn't parrot safe. Does anyone know of a safe plant that I can buy my ekkie? I think he'd really enjoy it (eating it), and then he wouldn't be trying to get into a cactus constantly.

Thank you everyone for your help. I do appreaciate it. Nico is very greatful as well :giggle:

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Here's a list of toxic plants:
And one of safe plants:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
African violet 💜 they are safe! All parts so that's what i have. Bottle brush are safe but need loads of light more of an outdoor plant

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Thank you for the suggestions. Nico can eat the african violet right? He loves freash leaves right off the plant. He wouldn't eat cabbage for me, or kale for that matter. However he will go eat my house plants :ROFLMAO:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Its not considered food. You can grow herbs that are considered safe and food but I forget which ones

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Swiss chard is well liked by mine, especially rainbow. Mine don't care for kale either

Most Reactions