JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Bless your heart for taking your chick to a better vet!!! You can safely take the baby on the plane as carry-on (in an appropriate carrier).

I'd definitely take the airplane route rather than driving for 13 hours. :eek:

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Did you ask the vet about Polyomavirus??

OP
B

Bipasha

Apr 25, 2014
Then I'll take her by flight!! He said he didn't know what polymavirus was... :mad: thank god I'm taking her to another vet!! Today her face turned bluish/black and her right wing is swollen:( she is holding her wing away from her body. I asked the vet and he said it is just her bone so it's ok?:confused: she is eating a lot more today and I gave her some fiesta treats. Her beak is turning lighter. She looks more plump but I guess that is because of the swelling.:yellow1::yellow1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 123

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am praying that the new vet is able to help her. It is wonderful that you found another vet and are flying her there to get her checked!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Hope this new vet is more knowledgeable about parrots and diseases. Please do make sure the new vet do check for the virus!!!

Chelle

Aug 5, 2013
Parrots
CHEESECAKE (Pineapple~GCC) 2/4/14
I pray this new vet has the knowledge and ability to care for your sweet Baby!

OP
B

Bipasha

Apr 25, 2014
Thank you so much everyone! I will update you tomorrow again.

Most Reactions