Please help to bring Mozart back home

DeTanya

Jul 12, 2022
Parrots
Quaker
My little Mozart (Green Quaker) flew away on July 9, 2022 at 6:30pm in Miami, FL 33167 USA. He speaks on English, Russian and Spanish. Knowing his name and sings a lot. I love him so much. This is so quiet at home without him. Please help to found him. I did everything. Post him on all websites, put his cage and stand out site of the house, post flyers and talk to every neighbors I did see, walking in neighborhood and calling him by name.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1862.JPG
    IMG_1862.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1860.JPG
    IMG_1860.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
My little Mozart (Green Quaker) fly away on July 9, 2022 at 6:30pm in Miami, FL 33167 USA. He speaks on English, Russian and Spanish. Knowing his name and sings a lot. I love him so much. This is so quiet at home without him. Please help to found him. I did everything. Post him on all websites, put his cage and stand out site of the house, post flyers and talk to every neighbors I did see, walking in neighborhood and calling him by name.
I am so sorry. I know how much it hurts. My dear Jeff boy flew away. I will pray for little Mozart.

Have you seen this post? It may help you:

OP
D

DeTanya

Jul 12, 2022
Parrots
Quaker
I am so sorry. I know how much it hurts. My dear Jeff boy flew away. I will pray for little Mozart.

Have you seen this post? It may help you:

Thank you. I did almost everything. 58 hour pass after he flew away, less and less chances....

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry that you haven't found your precious Mozart yet. Please don't give up hope, many birds are found weeks, even months later.
I'm sending prayers that Mozart makes his way home soon, where he belongs.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Check with pet shops and vets in your area, any one who found him may have gone to these places to buy food or have him checked. Your area - 10-15 mile circle from your house. Keep looking!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I know it sounds odd but if you know anyone that has ring a security system, and if they have the neighbors app this could be helpful. I see lost animals on there all of the time in my neighborhood/city. Last week there was a bearded dragon that was found safely using that app because someone posted that they had found the bearded dragon.

OP
D

DeTanya

Jul 12, 2022
Parrots
Quaker
I know it sounds odd but if you know anyone that has ring a security system, and if they have the neighbors app this could be helpful. I see lost animals on there all of the time in my neighborhood/city. Last week there was a bearded dragon that was found safely using that app because someone posted that they had found the bearded dragon.
It's a great idea, but unfortunately, not many people in the area has a Video Security system.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Have you contacted your local animal control? They’re the ones who contacted me when someone found Cricket! It was a bunch of teens & he flew right to them, and the animal shelter was the first place they thought to call. They got us in touch and I got him back home; and it had been several days at that point and I had all but given up!

I actually don’t remember if I ever posted about Cricket’s outdoor adventure here, but he managed to fly off for almost a week. :eek: 😵‍💫

OP
D

DeTanya

Jul 12, 2022
Parrots
Quaker
Have you contacted your local animal control? They’re the ones who contacted me when someone found Cricket! It was a bunch of teens & he flew right to them, and the animal shelter was the first place they thought to call. They got us in touch and I got him back home; and it had been several days at that point and I had all but given up!

I actually don’t remember if I ever posted about Cricket’s outdoor adventure here, but he managed to fly off for almost a week. :eek: 😵‍💫
Yes, I did and they told me that they not handling the birds. Cats and dogs only. Miami-Dade county.
Thank you for sharing Cricket’s outdoor adventure. It’s actually giving me hope

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
What a beautiful Quaker. I hope you can find him. I would keep in mind that there are wild Quakers in Florida so at least he has a chance to find a flock that can help him learn how to take care of himself.

There MUST be someplace people are taking in lost birds. What about checking with a wildlife sanctuary? I know Quakers aren’t native species but maybe someone found him and brought him there even for a short time.

I would offer a reward. Unfortunately, some people would find a bird and keep it thinking they got a deal.

I am sorry for your stress and loss.

OP
D

DeTanya

Jul 12, 2022
Parrots
Quaker
What a beautiful Quaker. I hope you can find him. I would keep in mind that there are wild Quakers in Florida so at least he has a chance to find a flock that can help him learn how to take care of himself.

There MUST be someplace people are taking in lost birds. What about checking with a wildlife sanctuary? I know Quakers aren’t native species but maybe someone found him and brought him there even for a short time.

I would offer a reward. Unfortunately, some people would find a bird and keep it thinking they got a deal.

I am sorry for your stress and loss.
Dear HeatherG,
Thank you so much for such a kind words. We have flock of the conures living on a little island on the middle of lake next to our house, but they way bigger the him. We offering a reward for his return. Actually I just want him to be safe, even I will not see him again.
Thank you again.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
The Next Step!! Where to look:
Most Companion Parrots will move with the wind. Note the prevailing wind over the last several days and that will provide you the most likely direction your Parrot is traveling. The targeted area will be a cone shape that becomes ever wider the longer the time period from last sight.
You should always maintain the food, water and shelter in the area that you last saw your beloved Parrot.
With light winds, the search area is still within a reasonable size after a week. With heavy winds, the search are becomes huge.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
If you have any rescues around, you should also give them a call. Almost all of the birds found here go to the local rescue, and they hold onto them while trying to find the owners.
I'm praying you hear news of Mozart soon 🙏

OP
D

DeTanya

Jul 12, 2022
Parrots
Quaker
The Next Step!! Where to look:
Most Companion Parrots will move with the wind. Note the prevailing wind over the last several days and that will provide you the most likely direction your Parrot is traveling. The targeted area will be a cone shape that becomes ever wider the longer the time period from last sight.
You should always maintain the food, water and shelter in the area that you last saw your beloved Parrot.
With light winds, the search area is still within a reasonable size after a week. With heavy winds, the search are becomes huge.
SailBoat,
Thank you for great idea! It’s very logical and base on his flying skills, he may fly far only by the wind. From day one I have his cage outside with water and fresh food every day.

Most Reactions