Please Help !!

ibrahim04

Dec 15, 2020
I started handfeeding my lovebird at around 4 weeks and it was doing fine with me and I had put it into a separate cage from its parents so that it would trust me faster, but now its 7 weeks old and it does not let me even put my hand in its cage and bites finger alot whenever i do

can anyone please help me with this problem

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I started handfeeding my lovebird at around 4 weeks and it was doing fine with me and I had put it into a separate cage from its parents so that it would trust me faster, but now its 7 weeks old and it does not let me even put my hand in its cage and bites finger alot whenever i do

Well, it is difficult to fully back-up, but it is fair to say that you have proven the point that removing the chick from the parents does not assure the chick will love you.

Some Basics:
It is never the fault of the Parrot!
It is always the fault of the Human!
Change your vantage point, and make changes to what you are doing!

Only good things happen when Humans are around!

One of the saving graces with most Parrots is that one can Start-Over, it just takes a bit longer...

OP
I

ibrahim04

Dec 15, 2020

Well, it is difficult to fully back-up, but it is fair to say that you have proven the point that removing the chick from the parents does not assure the chick will love you.

Some Basics:
It is never the fault of the Parrot!
It is always the fault of the Human!
Change your vantage point, and make changes to what you are doing!

Only good things happen when Humans are around!

One of the saving graces with most Parrots is that one can Start-Over, it just takes a bit longer...

So would you suggest I put it back with its siblings and parents ?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Much to consider regarding bringing the family together again. Three weeks is a long time in a chicks life. They may have a huge welcome back party or a who are you event.

Much will depend on the relationship you have with the other Parrots. And, what level of effort you are willing to put into the relationship with all of them.

OP
I

ibrahim04

Dec 15, 2020
At that age, I would have still had her in an aquarium tank with bedding and not a cage.

What’s your climate?

Why in an aquarium tank ?
And by climate you mean the weather temp. Outside ?

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts